HTML & CSS
- CSS class names will be .lowercase-hyphenated-names
- HTML IDs will be camelCasedNames
- Namespaces: ProperCase/PascalCase
- Class names: camelCase
- Method names: camelCase
- Property names: camelCase
- Private property names: _camelCase
- All file names throughout the solution will be ProperCase/PascalCase - this is extremely important for Visual Studio so that the generated class names follow the correct C# naming conventions
- However, there is one exception to this rule and in v7 the AngularJs project (Umbraco.Web.UI.Client) all files names need to follow the convention for that project which is that all file names are lowercased
When developing new Class Libraries we will be adhering as closely as possible to the official guidelines as proposed by Microsoft https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229042.aspx
Another good reference is the Framework Design Guidelines: Conventions, Idioms, and Patterns for Reusable .NET Libraries book by Krzysztof Cwalina and Brad Abrams.
Resharper settings are included with the solution, so developers can cleanup code in a consistent manner.