How we work
You might be wondering what the Documentation team is actually doing, and how we work with the documentation. The work consists of a few different parts:
Every second week we meet online to discuss the current state of the documentation repository. In these meeting we talk about PR's, issues on the tracker and other documentation related stuff.
Due to these meetings you can expect a reply to your PR or reported issue within two weeks.
On both PR's and issues on the tracker we use labels. These are to identify what category the PR's and issues belong to, what kind of issue they are, etc. This also makes it easier for you to identify what needs to be documented when you are looking to contribute!
A few examples of these tags:
- Broken link - when a broken link has been reported
- Umbraco Cloud, Umbraco Forms, Umbraco Courier, etc - identify which product the PR / issue is related to
- Missing documentation - kinda self-explanatory
- Incorrect documentation - sections / articles that needs to be updated, or has become obsolete
- Discuss - topics that needs to be discussed
Besides managing the documentation repository we also write documentation ourselves. As we are a mixed group of people with a lot of experience with Umbraco it only makes sense that we contribute with our knowledge.
Documentation about products like Umbraco Cloud, Umbraco Forms and Umbraco Courier is mainly handled by Umbraco HQ as these products are not open-source.
Engage, discuss, share, encourage
Above all the other things, our main job as Documentation Curators is to help and encourage the community - that’s you guys! - to contribute. We are always ready to answer any questions you might have about the Umbraco Documentation.