About Umbraco meetups
Besides the full-blown Umbraco festivals, there are also a lot of casual meetups. Meetups are smaller events that are organized by the Umbraco community. A meetup typically takes place on a given day after business hours. It may be hosted by an agency in their offices, or simply in the local pub.
The Umbraco meetups are a great way to stay connected with the local community and share your knowledge and make new friends.
There are a lot of benefits to starting as well as attending an Umbraco meetup. A meetup offers the chance to:
- Learn from peers and speakers, experienced Umbracians as well as beginners
- Exchange information and best practices
- Network and connect with other Umbracians
- Do a talk or showcase a new solution/project
- Get feedback on your (first) talk or solution/project
Starting a new meetup can be done in a few steps:
- Get in touch and share your ideas about the new meetup group.
- We will help you set up the group, cover the subscription fees, and promote the kickoff meetup.
- The group will be part of the Umbraco Meetups Network.
You need help from other meetup organizers or HQ:
- Chat with other Umbraco meetup organizers on Slack by joining the channel meetup-organisers.
- Read about the support HQ offers.
If you would like to read more about how to get started, or even contribute with ideas from your own experience, check out this detailed organizer's guide.