Overview of the default prevalue source types
There are some default prevalue source types that can be used. For each prevalue source you setup, a
json file will be generated in
Here is a quick overview of the default types:
Get values from textfile
Upload a textfile that contains the prevalues. Each prevalue should have its own line in the file.
Once the file has been uploaded, you can find it in
With this type you can connect to a OleDB compatible database table and construct a prevalue source from it. Once selected it will be editable from the forms UI.
For this type you will need to configure the following:
- Connection string (either choose one from your web.config or add another from a textfield)
- Table Name
- Key Column
- Value Column
Umbraco data type Prevalues
Choose an Umbraco data type to use its configured prevalue collection.
In the example below I am using the prevalue collection from a data type called
Home - Font - Radio button:
This type lets you use content nodes from a specific source as prevalues.
You can define the root node by either
- Choose a node directly from the Content tree or
- Using XPath
Additional settings can be applied:
- Choose to Use current page as root instead of selecting a specific root node - Note that preview isn't available with this enabled
- Select a specific Document type, if the selected root node contains different types
- Choose to include Grand children of the selected root node