What is a Package?
A package extends the functionality of Umbraco to provide additional functionality to editors, developers, site visitors, and all other types of users of Umbraco.
An Umbraco Package can be many things, but are generally characterized by:
- Adding or extending functionality in the Umbraco CMS
- Empowering people to do more and/or do things more efficiently
- Engaging community members in collaboration and sharing
- Solving real life problems
- Inspiring people on what Umbraco can be made capable of
There are two common types of package for Umbraco; Package zip files and NuGet Packages.
This short tutorial will teach you how to create a package in the Umbraco backoffice. It will also give a quick overview of what a generated package will contain.
This short tutorial will teach you how to create a NuGet package for your Umbraco code.
Package actions are actions you want to trigger when your package gets installed.
Once you've created a package upload it on Our to share it with the community.