Deleting and Restoring Pages
In this guide you will get a quick overview of how to delete pages from the section tree. Further more will also be shown how you can restore them if you end up changing your mind.
Deleting a Page
If you have pages that you no longer want on the website you are able to delete them. Upon deletion, the page is moved to the Recycle Bin as a safety net in case you wish to restore the page.
- Find the page you wish to delete in the section tree view.
- Right click on the page name in the tree view or click the actions button in the top right when on the selected page.
- Click Delete.
- Click OK to confirm you wish to delete the page or click Cancel if you do not.
Restoring a Deleted Page from the Recycle Bin
The Recycle Bin is a separate tree list which can be found at the bottom of the section tree view. Clicking the arrow to the left of the Recycle Bin icon will reveal any pages that have been deleted from the website. Restoring these pages follows the same process as moving a page between sections.
- Click on the (•••) icon for the page you wish to restore from the Recycle Bin to reveal the Actions menu.
- Click on Move and select the page you wish to nest the page under. You can also choose to Restore, which will then restore the page to where it was before you deleted it.
- Click on the Move button to confirm the move and then you will see a confirmation message. If you chose to Restore then you click the Restore button to confirm the restoration of the page.
- Click OK to confirm.
- You will now need to go to the page and republish it by clicking the Save and publish button in order for it to be visible on the website.
Emptying the Recycle Bin
If you are confident you no longer require any content within the Recycle Bin you can permanently delete it. You can delete pages one by one or as a whole. Please note that after deleting pages from the Recycle Bin you will not be able to retrieve any data associated with that page.
- Click on the (•••) icon for the Recycle Bin in the section tree structure to reveal the Actions menu.
- Click Empty Recycle Bin.
- Click OK to confirm you wish to empty the Recycle Bin or click Cancel if you do not.
Deleting Individual Items
- Click on the (•••) icon of the page within the Recycle Bin you wish to permanently delete.
- Click Delete.
- Click OK to confirm you wish to permanently delete the page or click Cancel if you do not.