We have moved!
You are currently looking at documentation for Umbraco 8 and older versions.
An automated guess is that docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/tutorials/editors-manual/getting-started-with-umbraco/editing-existing-content/ could be the link to the new documentation for Umbraco 9 and newer versions.
Editing Existing Content
Content Within the Tree View
When you are looking to edit content, locate the page you want to edit in the section tree on the left-side of the screen.
To edit existing content, follow these steps:
- Go to the Content section.
- Select the page in the section tree you wish to edit. The content of the page is loaded in the right-side editor.
- Edit the contents of the page.
- Click Save to save the edits without publishing it.
- Click Save and preview to preview the changes.
- Click Save and publish to publish the changes. For more information, see the Save and Publishing Pages article.
View Page Layout
You can view Page layouts in three ways:
The tree view is present in the section tree on the left-side of the screen. For a growing website with multiple content pages, the tree view can become very large and unmanageable.
When you enable listview on a page, there will be no standard tree view for that page. Clicking on the parent page displays the child pages in the list view.
To enable list view:
Go to Settings.
Navigate to the Document Type/page you wish to enable list view.
Go to the List View tab.
Toggle Enable List view and click Save.
Additionally, you can sort the column Name, Last edited, and Created by in ascending or descending order to sort the list items.
You can switch between list view and tiles view by clicking the view icon in the top-right of the screen: