Working with Images and Files
Uploading an Image or File
In the Media Library there are multiple different ways to upload media items. These are the two most commonly used ones:
Drag and drop files or folders directly into the upload field on the Media dashboard
- Use the "Create" button in the top-left corner to create a new File, Folder or Media item and then upload directly from your machine
- The "drag and drop" area is available in every folder in the Media section, which enables you to upload media items exactly where you need them.
We highly recommend that you use folders to organize your images and other media items. This is especially relevant, if you're going to add a lot of media to your website.
Deleting an Image or File
If you wish to tidy up the Media section of your site, you can delete existing media items. Once you have deleted an image, it is sent to the Recycle Bin. If you change your mind, you can restore the deleted image from the Recycle Bin.
- Select the image you want to delete.
- Right click the image, and click Delete from the context menu.
- Click OK to confirm deletion of the image, or click Cancel to cancel deletion.
Restoring an Image or File from the Recycle Bin
The Recycle Bin is a separate tree structure within the Media section and you can recognize it by the recycling symbol to the left.
If you click the triangle in front of the Recycle Bin you will see its contents. To restore an image or file, move the item to the part of the tree where you want the item.
Moving an Image or File
You can move media between folders within the Media section using the Move function.
- Select the image you want to move.
- Right click the image and click Move from the context menu.
- Select the parent folder you want to move the image to.
- Click Move.