This article has not yet been verified against Umbraco 8.
The concepts and code examples might not work if you are running Umbraco 8.0 or a later version. If you are using Umbraco 7, this article is perfect for you!
You are more than welcome to report any issues found on the Documentation Issue Tracker.
Add a Blog Post Publication Date
Learn how to add a new date property to blog posts.
Content editors can specify the publication date for a blog post. Blog posts are displayed with the most recent publication date appearing first.
Learn how to:
- Add a new property to a document
- Edit a template to display the new property
- Sort a list of items by a new property
Steps - Part One
- In the Settings section, expand Document Types.
- Click on Blogpost: this is the Document Type that defines the fields for this type of page.
- On the right side, you can see two tabs called Content and Navigation & SEO. At the bottom of the Content tab click Add property. This opens the Property Editor dialog window.
- Enter a Name of Publication Date.
- Enter a Description of The date of the blog post. This is the date used to display the most recent posts first.. Always try to add a meaningful description to help your editors.
- Click Add editor to specify what type of data is being stored. We just need a standard date, so select the Reuse tab, then click on the Date Picker icon.
- In the validation section tick to say that the field is Mandatory.
- Click Submit to close the dialog.
- Click the Reorder link near the top right of the pane, then drag the new property to be after Page Title. A logical order to your properties will make things easier for your editors.
- Click Save. A confirmation message should appear confirming that the Document Type was saved.