Released on Not yet determined
This is the main Umbraco download, generally you won't need anything else.Downloaded 19911 times - uploaded 30 May 2013
Read the release blog post for 6.0.0.
Read the release blog post for 6.0.1.
Read the release blog post for 6.0.2.
Read the release blog post for 6.0.3.
Read the release blog post for 6.0.4.
6.0.5 mitigates two severe security issues, please read and upgrade.
Read the release blog post for 6.0.6
Upgrading from 4.10+ and 6.0.0 beta/RC to 6.0.6
Upgrading from older versions?
- The version-specific upgrade guide be followed in conjunction with the general guide mentioned above
- 6.0.3: ability to optionally change how macro errors are shown and handled (new MacroErrors option in umbracoSettings.config).
- A new API for working with Content and Media in your custom code
- We're using the new API in the backoffice as well, leading to speed improvements
- Support for Partial View Macros
- You can now use PetaPoco and our added on database migrations framework
- MVC 4 (upgraded from MVC3)
- All logging now goes to a text file, so your log table won't grow so much any more
- 25 bugfixes
- 12 new features implemented
- See all of the v6 changes
- 6.0.1 has 65 bug fixes
- 6.0.2 has 8 bug fixes
- 6.0.3 has 55 bug fixes
- 6.0.4 has 37 bug fixes
- 6.0.5 mitigates two severe security issues, please read and upgrade.
- Note: 6.0.5 is the last version to ship with umbraco.webservices.dll out of the box. This version of the dll is secure (unlike previous versions).
- 6.0.6 has 22 bug fixes
- Note: The umbraco.webservices dll is now a seperate download
Breaking changes between 4.11.x and 6.0.0
- A list of breaking changes is available in the issue tracker
- The most important one: you cannot set a property's value without doing an explicit Save() any more. So: doc.getProperty("pageTitle").Value = "Hello World"; does not do a save to the database, you have to cal doc.Save(); after that.
- There are database changes in the 6.0.0 release, click for more information on their nature
- The code editor has been greatly improved, but is sometimes problematic in Internet Explorer 9 and lower. Previously it was just disabled for IE and we recommend you disable it in umbracoSettings.config (scriptDisableEditor) if you have problems working with it.
Related changes from the issue tracker
No items to display
Issues & Tasks
- U4-1187 - TypeFinder FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute returns types that do not have that attribute
- U4-2209 - 6.0.5 - (Only on MySQL) - Empty recycle bin DELETES all content
- U4-2223 - Children prpoerty of TypedMedia returns itself when media has no children.
- U4-2269 - No ID in entities during ContentService.Created
- U4-2270 - ImportDocumentType - A duplicate value cannot be inserted into a unique index. [ Table name = cmsDocumentType,Constraint name = PK_cmsDocumentType ]
- U4-1772 - cmsContentXml empty for media and members after republish
- U4-2094 - using Descendants() with Umbraco.Media returns items twice
- U4-2099 - 6.1 Beta - Cannot rename datatypes
- U4-2144 - CmsContentXml table is not updated with correct XML when a property alias is changed
- U4-2149 - When media or member type aliases are changed the changes are not reflected in the cmsContentXml table
- U4-2176 - 6.0.5 Dashboard error
- U4-2179 - Error with GetChildNodes after upgrade to Umbraco 6.0.5 from Umbraco 6.0.0
- U4-2184 - Extra Space in Http Module Name in web.config
- U4-2205 - Log.GetLogItems(LogTypes, DateTime) fails with 'Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value 'Custom' to data type int'
- U4-2214 - Invalid value for 'encryptedTicket' parameter - exception after Update to Umbraco 6.1.0 beta 2
- U4-2248 - Spelling error in back office
- U4-2279 - TryGetRouteDefinitionFromAncestorViewContexts has infinite loop when currentContext doesnt contain umbraco-route-def
- U4-493 - CmsContentXml table is emptied when modifying a DocumentType that is used on a lot of nodes
- U4-2172 - Simple fix for random PetaPoco related errors in a multithreaded Umbraco Instance
- U4-644 - DyanmicNode bug with custom richtext properties on Media items: returns incorrect HTML (from default Examine index) stripped of all tags