Released on Tuesday, March 31 2020
This is the main Umbraco download, generally you won't need anything else.Downloaded 1786 times - uploaded 31 March 2020
Umbraco 8.6 contains a lot of bug-, stability- and accessibility fixes for the previous releases.
There's a few issues marked as breaking changes to take note of, but most people should be unaffected by these.
Related changes from the issue tracker
- 5604 - Don't allow a document type to be change to element type if there's already nodes made from that document type
- 7399 - Changed the styles from warning to danger for the confirm delete button, added localization keys
Issues & Tasks
- 4696 - V8: Quirky situation when limiting a user or user-group to a start node thats not placed in the root.
- 6324 - New IDataEditorWithMediaPath allowing Property Editors to determine media paths instead of hard coding logic
- 6508 - Pressing '1' or '2' inside a Tiny MCE Rich Text Area running in 'distraction free' mode causes the page to jump up to the top and 'focus' on 'Content' and 'Info' Content Apps
- 6647 - V8: Tree node menu actions permissions are incorrectly recognized when assigning multiple User Groups
- 6703 - V8, After you invite a user, a checkbox is shown along with a success message, and (wrongly?) given a 'cursor: pointer' style
- 7178 - Embed control is grid layout creates invalid embed url (A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:))
Frequently asked questions
We've put together some answers to often asked questions - you can find it in the Umbraco 8 - FAQ article.
Make sure to give the installation instructions a read.
Check the free foundation videos on how to get started building Umbraco sites.
World's best community
You'll find our über active community working hard to help each other at Our Umbraco: https://our.umbraco.com
Upgrading from older versions
Make sure to read the upgrade instructions before you attempt an upgrade.
Found a bug?
We're happy to help you with any problems you encounter, so please report them in the issue tracker and mention you're using version 8.6.0.
Do a search first though, if the issue already exists, give it a "thumbs up".
The source for this specific release is available for download from the repository (click the "ZIP" button).