Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
Hey there :)
We moved a customer to azure hosting a while back and its been running with no props. Now the customer calls and the site didnt have any content, then i saw this bug being traced :
2013-07-24 00:00:45,958  WARN umbraco.macro - [Thread 16] Error loading MacroEngine script (file: blablablamacro.cshtml, Type: ''. Exception: System.IO.IOException: The device is not ready.
BUMP im seeing this error again on 2 different azure sites.
Both running Azure website standard but on different umbraco versions (4.11.x and 6.1.x).
Its only on images that the files apper to be locked, when we restart the sites it just works again.
I have the same issue. Umbraco web site on Azure. After restart of the web site it works just fine. Please help.
Is it single or multi instance? This looks like an issue with the examine indexes, rather than the media files.
Umbraco fundamentally doesn't work on load balanced Azure websites - for a number of reasons, one of which is Examine doesn't support writes from multiple instances.
This is a Website standard (dedicated website) but its not load balanced in anyway.
And both the sites im seeing this happening on has their own "Website standard" with no other websites running then the primary
OK that is odd - but the exception is to do with access to the examine indexes rather than the media files themselves....
Not seen this before - but haven't really deployed any real sites into Azure websites - as it doesn't support Umbraco (in the fashion that we would like).
Okay, Thx for your inputs Darren ill take them into account and add them, on to a bug since its something that is standing in the way for azure hostings in general.
See my response here: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/20999-Disable-Lucene-Examine#228320
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted