Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fernanda Bernardes 27 posts 147 karma points
    Apr 24, 2019 @ 14:54
    Fernanda Bernardes

Hi for All!!

I have some doubts about the operation of Umbraco and I would like the community to help to clarify them.

1- What is the purpose of Umbraco to create a folder for each media that is loaded, even if those media sequences are inside the same folder defined in the backoffice? Is it possible to change this behavior?

2- Can I limit the media uploads by 4Mb, for example?

3- Has anyone tried or has knowledge of how to know which media was used on a site node or if the average has not been used yet? Is there a package that can do this?

4- My media folder is extremely loaded with files. Some of these files are heavy, with 10Mb in size. Does the fact that the media folder is loaded influence Umbraco's performance? If moving this folder to another filesystem outside of Umbraco generates any benefit to Umbraco's performance?

5- Here at my place of work there are 03 analysts who work in support of Umbraco. It turns out that when we only restore the production database to our development environment, the file "umbraco.config" always "corrupts", returning the XML message. Using Health Check only does not "restore the file" or make any modifications to Web.Config. Does anyone have any suggestions to work around this problem?

Thanks for all for my assistence.

• Fernanda Bernardes 27 posts 147 karma points
    Apr 30, 2019 @ 11:52
    Fernanda Bernardes

Hi!!

Can anybody help me?

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Apr 30, 2019 @ 13:34
    Sören Deger

Hi Fernanda,

here my answer for two of your questions:

2 - Yes, you can limit the upload file size in web.config:

<!-- Increase the default upload file size limit -->
    <security>
      <requestFiltering>
        <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="52428800" />
      </requestFiltering>
    </security>

3 - I had developed a package for Umbraco V8: https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/linked-nodes-content-app/ There is also a package for Umbraco V7: https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/media-content-usage/ But I don't know if this will work in your specific umbraco version...

Best, Sören

• Rhys Hamilton 140 posts 942 karma points
    Apr 30, 2019 @ 13:39
    Rhys Hamilton
    1. There is a purpose for this, I believe – although I can’t remember exactly why (sorry!) – but it’s not possible to change this behaviour without breaking things, as far as I re-call.

2. Absolutely, you can restrict upload sizes in the web.config.

3. Refer to Sören's suggestions on appropriate packages (these might do the trick!)

4. I think the only real performance issue would be loading the media items via the back-office – if there’s a large quantity of them, but I personally haven’t ever really experienced this. If you’re worried about loading/performance, you could store your media images on Azure – there’s a useful article here for V7.

5. I’d say this is a separate issue from your questions related to media, so it might be worthwhile posting it elsewhere on the forum.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft