Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tega McKinney 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 02:51
    Tega McKinney

Configuration Error: Could not load file or assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies.

I have just installed Umbraco 4.0.2.1 on Windows 7 with IIS7.  I have ensured Network Service has Full Rights to all folders and that umbraco is running under the Classic App Pool.  Installation ran perfectly, however when trying to access umbraco, I get a configuration error.  I am running asp.net 3.5 and I have used the asp.net 3.5 webconfig file from the codeplex website.

Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.  This is my first attempt at installing Umbraco and I used the Web PI as recommended.

Thanks in advance.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 09:48
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Change your app pool to run Integrated Pipeline instead and it should work. Also make sure that the app pool is actually running as the network service user, not as the AppPoolIdentity.

Nov 27, 2009 @ 17:33
    Tega McKinney

I performed the steps above and now I actually get a stack trace of it not being able to load the file or assembly.  The stack trace is below.  What else could be causing it not to load this assembly?  Thanks in advance for your help.

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
    System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) +0
    System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +64
    System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +58
    System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +65
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +342
    System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase) +52

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
    System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase) +351
    System.Web.Configuration.Common.ModulesEntry..ctor(String name, String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement) +56
    System.Web.HttpApplication.BuildIntegratedModuleCollection(List`1 moduleList) +146
    System.Web.HttpApplication.GetModuleCollection(IntPtr appContext) +1219
    System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +97
    System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +188
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +295
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetPipelineApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +56
    System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +231

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8897659
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +333
    Nov 27, 2009 @ 18:32
    Tega McKinney

I was able to get it working now...when running the installer, it listed umbraco as an application under the default website.  I removed it as an application and it began to work.

Thanks for the help.

• davelane 29 posts 73 karma points
    Jun 07, 2012 @ 00:00
    davelane

Thanks - this happened to me when I installed Umbraco and I set "umbraco" as the name of the application folder. It set urls for the CMS as /umbraco/umbraco/login.aspx etc. So when I moved everything up to the parent, I got this error.

Had to follow Tega's advice and remove it as an application in IIS for my site.

• rich hamilton 117 posts 136 karma points
    Jul 07, 2015 @ 18:13
    rich hamilton

I had exactly the same thing... pulling my hair out... but removed that Application and it now works fine :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft