Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• CodeMaster2008 151 posts 184 karma points
    Apr 02, 2011 @ 23:27
    CodeMaster2008

Umbraco, WebMatrix, WebsitePanel - Testers needed

Here is the deal;

We are a hosting company currently offering Windows Hosting (ASP.NET, SQL 2008, SmarterMail, SmarterStats, IIS Remote Manage and the list goes on...)

We are trying to make our enviroment as "Umbraco Friendly" as possible and recently we made a few changes in our infraestructure to better server WebMatrix users.

We are looking for people (umbraco users / developers) who are willing to host at least one umbraco installation with us.

We will provide you a full hosting account for free, for a minum of an year and mximun of a life time and all we ask is that you send us detailed feedback, from errors or limitations you find to your personal sugestions.

This offer is limited to a few accounts.
    Please let me know if you are interested and I will post instructions and a promotion code for the free accounts (from 5 to 10 accounts will be released).

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Apr 02, 2011 @ 23:39
    Michael Latouche

Hi Codemaster2008,

I am very interested by your offer. I have a current client running an Umbraco site, and we have had quite some problems with the current hosting provider. My client has just asked me to provide him with an alternative solution, so your proposal looks like an ideal win-win situation.

I will be waiting for your further instructions :-) You can contact me at [email protected]

Cheers,

Michael.

• Pasang Tamang 258 posts 458 karma points
    Apr 03, 2011 @ 04:13
    Pasang Tamang

Hi Codemaster2008,

First of all thanks for your nice offer. I've a client who is working on social activities here in Nepal. I've done all the support which I've to do developing umbraco site for them now turn is planning for web hosting and I was seeking same offer as you did. This is a very good offer. So please waiting for your further details. My mail id [email protected].

Pnima

• jigar 170 posts 233 karma points
    Apr 03, 2011 @ 12:22
    jigar

Hi Codemaster2008,

I am very interested by your offer.  I have few clients and my own website; would like to run on your server. Not only because it is free; but because also I love to eveluate new products and feedback the same. You could drop me an email at [email protected]

I will be waiting for your further instructions :-)

Cheers,

Jigar.

Apr 03, 2011 @ 15:38
    CodeMaster2008

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the feedback.
    Here is the deal:

You can go to our website and signup for the Windows Shared Hosting - Standard Plan:
    http://www.skylightonline.com/shared-hosting

What you see there is pretty much what you get. The only differences are:
    - You will be able to host two websites instead of 5
    - SmarterStats won't be included (considering you get Google Analytics for free, I don't think it's a problem :-)

During the checkout use the promotion code I will provide will be email and select "Mail in Payment" (so you don't have to enter any payment information) and you are all set. You account will be automatically activated.
    After that if you have any questions you can use our support system.

• Tri Mandir Prajapati 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 04, 2011 @ 07:50
    Tri Mandir Prajapati

Hi Codemaster2008

I am also interested on the offer you provide. You can drop me mail at [email protected]

Thanks

• Alex 78 posts 136 karma points
    Apr 04, 2011 @ 22:06
    Alex

Hi Codemaster2008

I am also interested in your offer, can you please drop me an email with the details alex AT object-source.com

Thanks

• Andrew Brown 7 posts 27 karma points
    Apr 20, 2011 @ 18:26
    Andrew Brown

Good afternoon!

I am interested in your offer as well. If it is still available please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks so much for your time!

Apr 21, 2011 @ 06:54
    jigar

Hi Webmaster,

Please provide us the guide line to set up the free acount as i have register but unable to use admin panel and i am gettig invoices.

Regards,

Jigar

Apr 21, 2011 @ 07:18
    jigar

Hi Webmaster,

Please provide us the guide line to set up the free acount as i have register but unable to use admin panel and i am gettig invoices.

Regards,

Jigar

• tc 41 posts 62 karma points
    Apr 21, 2011 @ 10:36
    tc

Hi Codemaster2008,

I'd be very interested if this offer is still available. You can reach me at [email protected].

Regards,

Tom

Apr 21, 2011 @ 17:35
    CodeMaster2008

Hey Folks;
    First off all thanks to all of you who are interested in my offer.

@jigar,
    If you are receiving invoices you didn't subscribe to a free account. To get the free account you need to enter a promo code during the checkout.
    Let me know the invoice number, email account number or any other information that will help me find your account so I can remove it.

To all of you:
    We reached the limit of free accounts for now however we are considering the possibility of add a few more slots.
    I will let you know when that happens.

Thanks once again,

• Andrew Brown 7 posts 27 karma points
    Apr 21, 2011 @ 17:38
    Andrew Brown

Thanks for the heads up CodeMaster2008!

• Arka Bhattacharjee 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jun 08, 2011 @ 13:13
    Arka Bhattacharjee

Hi Codemasters2008,

Web Application Testing - Umbraco

This is Arka with more than 14 years experience in Testing as FreeLancer into Web Application Testing, Desktop Application Testing..

I have handled various projects starting from CMS, CRM, SAP Testing, Database Testing mainly SharePoint integrated with CMS..

My charges are low and don't accept payments if the clients are not satisfied. I do that work for free. Money will be refunded, no questions asked.

Drop me a mail @  [email protected]

Regards,

Arka

Jun 08, 2011 @ 19:25
    jigar

Hello Sir, Following is the email i got yesterday.

Please do the needful.

Thanks, Jigar

Dear Jigar Pandya (JSquareIT),

This is a billing notice that your invoice no. 10113 which was generated on 2011-05-21 is now overdue.

Your payment method is: Mail In Payment Invoice: 10113 Balance Due: $6.50 USD Due Date: 2011-06-04

You can login to your client area to view and pay the invoice at http://portal.skylightonline.com/viewinvoice.php?id=10113

Your login details are as follows:

Email Address: [email protected]

Jun 08, 2011 @ 20:29
    CodeMaster2008

Hey jigar;

The system should not create invoices under your account.
    Don't worry, I will take care of it.

To all others, unfortunately this offer is no longer available.

Thanks

• LeeAnn Feiertag 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 30, 2011 @ 02:10
    LeeAnn Feiertag

We are already running an Enterprise version of SmarterStats with our 4.6 Umbraco installation.  For the most part it runs well, however, I cannot get a full site report.  I can get individual folder reports, but if I try "no filter" or use the !/ that I used before Umbraco, I get a blank report with the error message at the bottom of this message.  Can you tell me how to format a filter so I can retrieve a stat report that contains all our web pages?  Like I said, before Umbraco I just used no filter or "!/" to get all web pages.  I can be reached at [email protected].

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on the local server machine, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "RemoteOnly". To enable the details to be viewable on remote machines, please set "mode" to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

• Andrew McDonald 8 posts 31 karma points
    Aug 31, 2011 @ 17:29
    Andrew McDonald

I'm interested if available as I use WebMatrix for developing Umbraco sites, and have not had webmatrix hosted before

If it works it sounds like a good idea, great for development/staging sites

email me at [email protected] if its still available

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft