Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephanie 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 12, 2013 @ 17:30
    Stephanie

Looking to Hire a Certified Umbraco Developer with the Experience to Fix Problems with Our Blog

We are looking to hire a certified Umbraco developer to help fix some problems we are having with the blog on our website.

Our website is http://www.bizlibrary.com

The blog site is http://www.bizlibrary.com/bizblog.aspx

We initially had a company in St. Louis set up our site and the blog for us, but we do not think it was set up correctly. For example, I have checked our site in Google Webmaster tools, and it says that we have more than 200 duplicate page title tags. It seems like the new posts to the blog aren't registering correctly, or are coming accross as the same page. We are not sure what is wrong with it, but it seems as if it is not done right. We are looking for someone who would be able to fix it.I am a level one Umbraco developer, but I do not have the development experience to fix the issues.

I'm not sure what other information you might need, but the version we are using is

umbraco v 4.11.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4715.27659)
    It looks the blog tool we are using is a UBlogsy Macro

Please let me know if you need any other information about this project.

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Nov 12, 2013 @ 17:50
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Stephanie,

I would like to have a look at the website and blog and fixe them. Any email where we can discuss about it ?

//fuji

• Stephanie 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 12, 2013 @ 17:53
    Stephanie

Yes, my email is [email protected]

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Nov 12, 2013 @ 18:07
    Martin Griffiths

Hey Stephanie

Having a quick look at your site (bearing in mind you can do level 1 work). It should be very easy for you to fix your pages.

Google requires the page title to appear in the <title/> tag of your document (always in <head/>).

Simply go into the root master for your blog in the back office and add the following code...

if MVC

<title>@Umbraco.Field("pageName")</title>

if WebForms

<title><umbraco:Item field="pageName" runat="server" /></title>

Alternatively pick out the uBlogsy property "Title" as below

if MVC

<title>@Umbraco.Field("Title")</title>

if WebForms

<title><umbraco:Item field="Title" runat="server" /></title>

That will do the trick, but it will be some time for the changes to be reflected in the index, re-submit the site to Google once your checked the source is showing the correct title for each document.

Kind regards

Martin.

• David Dimmer 76 posts 134 karma points
    Nov 12, 2013 @ 19:25
    David Dimmer

Stephanie, I added you on LinkedIn and shot you an email. As a team of Certified Umbraco Developers, Fyin.com has done 100's of Umbraco upgrades. We have even hosted Umbraco Certified Training training at our headquarters.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft