Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ivansager 15 posts 38 karma points
    Dec 05, 2009 @ 19:44
    ivansager

Bypass Umbraco Filter

I find it easier to do my backend database work via my own code but enjoy the advantage of the Umbraco CMS.

I was thinking of creating an iframe as a content section which would then use my backend code, and .NET application and bypass Umbraco.

To try make it a bit clearer..

www.mysite.com/umbracopage1.aspx

www.mysite.com/umbracopage2.aspx

www.mysite.com/PORTAL/my_netCode.aspx

This way I  can post back to my_netCode.aspx and work standalone without figuring how to do umbraco packages etc.

Hope it makes sense

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Dec 05, 2009 @ 20:18
    Morten Bock

You could just do your own stuff in a usercontrol, and place that directly in one of the umbraco masterpages.

That should give you the best of both worlds. The layout/navigation from umbraco, and all the freedom in the world in your usercontrol :-)

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Dec 05, 2009 @ 20:19
    Morten Bock

Or of course wrap your usercontrol in a macro (3 clicks or so) to make it easier to places it on a template.

Dec 05, 2009 @ 20:58
    ivansager

Thats a good idea but I guess how about debugging etc. Can you have Visual Studio attach to the process and perform "run time" debugging/ breakpoints?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Dec 05, 2009 @ 21:26
    Dirk De Grave

Sure, it's a plain asp.net application, so you can easily attach to the process from within vs.net.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Dec 06, 2009 @ 21:22
    ivansager

One issue with this is, I would like to use a ecommerce package/store front but it needs to be transparent to the end users. If it’s my own code the usercontrol is great but when it’s a large third party application, then I need a way to bypass the Umbraco filters etc. My ecommerce application will have the same header and side navigation as my umbraco so it will look seems less as long as I can figure out the /PORTAL/ path type situation where umbraco does not “see”  any requests or post backs to a specific path I should be good!

www.mysite.com/umbracopage1.aspx

www.mysite.com/umbracopage2.aspx

www.mysite.com/PORTAL/my_netCode.aspx

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Dec 06, 2009 @ 22:45
    Aaron Powell

If you've got folders/ pages which you want to explicitly exclude you can just set the umbracoReservedPaths/ umbracoReservedUrls respectively (that'll exclude a whole folder or a single page).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft