Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mohammad 9 posts 78 karma points
    Sep 22, 2018 @ 22:44
    Mohammad

Install Umbraco CMS on Azure then open in Visual Studio

Hi I have installed an Umbraco CMS 7 website using Azure which is up and running now.

I would now like to open this website in Visual Studio. Actually I want to download the Umbraco CMS website files and integrate them into a new ASP.NET MVC project and then upload the project to the Umbraco CMS website on Azure.

The hole point being I want to create new functionalities in ASP.NET MVC using Visual Studio using Umbracos API and add those to the Umbraco CMS on Azure.

I have not been able to find threads related to this specifically.

• Bernard Moes 16 posts 118 karma points
    Sep 23, 2018 @ 19:58
    Bernard Moes

If you want to make changes to an existing website while not having access to the source code then you're out of luck. You need to have access to the source code in order to make changes to the project.

You could create a new Umbraco project in Visual Studio using the Nuget Package Manage console command Install-Package UmbracoCMS, download the view, config files from the server and recreate any possible server side extensions.

EDIT: I just noticed you were talking about Umbraco Cloud. You didn't mention it anywhere in your post so I wasn't aware. Have you read this page?

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Umbraco-Cloud/set-up/working-locally/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft