Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arslan 4 posts 74 karma points
    1 week ago
    Arslan

Application Crash Randomly

Hi, We have hosted our Umbraco application on Azure using Azure App Service. Application was running fine but after some days it crashed unexpectedly. After restarting the app it was again running fine but now, it crashed again after about 14 hours. We are using Umbrco 7.6.0. Following is the screenshot of the error we get: umbraco-app-crash

Stack trace is below:

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.ArgumentException: Can't redirect to the requested url - it's not local or an approved proxy url Parameter name: url at ASP.configsplashesbootingaspx.Rendercontrol1(HtmlTextWriter w, Control parameterContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.configsplashesbootingaspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.<>cDisplayClass2850.0.

I cannot understand why is this exception occurring or how can I get to its details.

• shekhar sharma 21 posts 108 karma points
    1 week ago
    shekhar sharma

Hello Arslan ,

The debug flag should be set to false in web.config, unless you actually need to debug the application.

Running in debug mode can increase the memory usage somewhat, but it's not likely case as severe problems as you are talking about. However, you should set it to false.

It seems Debug=true is generation the multiple URls in the cache.

Just set it Debug=False on Server and delete the cache of server and restart the application.

Let me know if this works...!!

Thanks,

Shekhar

1 day ago
    Arslan

@Shekhar the debug flag is not set to true. Infact there is no directive "Debug" in project's web.config.

• shekhar sharma 21 posts 108 karma points
    1 day ago
    shekhar sharma

Hello Arslan

According to your error screenshot. you have to write debug=true in your webconfig file.

<compilation  debug="true"  targetFramework="4.6.1" ... >

enter image description here

Thanks,

Shekhar

1 day ago
    Arslan

Setting Debug=true will only provide more error details. Since you also pointed out that Debug=true will generates more cache URL, I cannot set this to true on live environment. That is why I have attached stack-trace of this error.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft