Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul de Quant 403 posts 1520 karma points
    Jun 26, 2018 @ 11:16
    Paul de Quant

Modify tags in the tag datatype

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where you go in the umbraco backoffice, to modify the contents of a Tag datatype. The data type itself refers to a CSV but I can't find it anywhere in the site.

Thanks Paul

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 26, 2018 @ 11:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

It's not saved in any specific CSV file. It's just the format it's saved in.

The way it works is that whenever you add one or more tags on a page then you can easily access the same tags on another page if you have added for instance "Performance", "Load time", "Minifiying" on one page about performance optimization and you then start typing "Loa..." on another page you will get auto completion on the tag because it's already created on the page about performance. It's controlled with the "Group" setting on the tag datatype where it's by default set to...well "Default" :-)

If you need a "clean" tag-list then you will need to create a new instance of the tag datatype and then add it to another group by writing "Custom" or something else than "Default".

I hope the above explanation makes sense? I realize that it's not easy to explain in writing. But the CSV/JSON ting is only have things are being stored in the database. It's not a datasource.

/Jan

Jun 26, 2018 @ 14:20
    Paul de Quant

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply, so is there any way to edit or delete an existing entry from the group?

Thanks

Paul

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 26, 2018 @ 14:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Paul

Not that I'm personally currently aware of. I don't know if it's possible to do it through the database.

But what is your scenario? It will of course be deleted if every instance of it is removed but that can of course be a tough challenge depending on the amount of content that exists and how many places the tag has been inserted.

/Jan

Jun 26, 2018 @ 14:27
    Paul de Quant

Typos mainly, we use a lot of Acronyms and it's very easy to type them incorrectly.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft