Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Duarte Carreira 47 posts 66 karma points
    Apr 23, 2011 @ 20:42
    Duarte Carreira

tinymce - tags that dont work - select, option, label, input

After having dealt with tinymce amazingly difficult configuration I was happy. But now I'm trying to create a form in a richtext field, and am again fighting with tinymce dictatorship.

Can anyone show me how to insert this kind of tags and not having breaklines removed? I have my breaklines kept when using other tags like div, etc. But input or select tags just get amalgamated, making it a nightmare to edit later on.

Thanks,

Duarte

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 23, 2011 @ 22:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Duarte

Well it is not ideal to create stuff like forms in the Rich text editor. The rich text editor should be used for advanced text formatting. Not for inserting flash objects, forms etc.

To create a form I would recommend you do it using a macro, which can be based on XSLT, Razor or a user control depending on what skills you have and how advanced the form should be :-)

Maybe you can get your form need solved by using one of the existing form packages from the package section? Or if it's a commercial project you can buy a contour license, which makes form creating a breeze in Umbraco. (But as mentioned above you can easily create your own forms using a macro).

When you have created a form macro you can place the macro anywhere you would like in the rich text editor.

However if you need to modify the elements and attributes that should be allowed in the editor you can have a look at the tinyMceConfig.config file in the "Config" folder.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to ask further questions if something is not clear :-)

/Jan

Apr 24, 2011 @ 12:59
    Duarte Carreira

Thanks so much for your answer, very helpfull. I had not thought of forms like that yet.

I'm still not sure about making a form inside a macro... it seems to hide it from managers of the site or content editors. Maybe that's a good thing... you avoid people changing the input controls and destroying your logic. But you also loose the ability of moving stuff around in the form, reordering the inputs, change labels text, things like that.

So I'm hesitant...

Duarte

Apr 24, 2011 @ 16:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Duarte

Well as mentioned the rich text editor is not a form designer.

I believe it's possible to modify Contour forms as is required but have unfortunately not tried it out myself yet

Otherwise another option could be to use "Wufoo" - I think there has been made a package that makes it easy to integrate with Umbraco. Otherwise it's just a matter of pasting the Wufoo code into a textfield multiple property.

If people need to be able to build a form themselves and you don't want to use contour I suppose it would be possible to create a user control that allows this kind of flexibility also.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 25, 2011 @ 15:23
    Duarte Carreira

Jan, thanks for your suggestions. I guess for my case using richtexteditor as is, or a textfield multiple are the best matches.

Thanks again,

Duarte

Apr 25, 2011 @ 18:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Duarte

You are so very welcome. Please don't hesitate to ask further questions if there is something you are in doubt about or if you have som suggestions for how Umbraco or a package could be improved :-)

Have a nice day.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft