Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
Your package looks very promising and thank you for all the work.
As you have not made this open source (yet), I would like to use this space to suggest an improvement that could be very helpful to a lot of developers.
I looked into your package for an installation that makes use of compositions. In the v7 connector I got warnings about 'Could not find Property Type X for Y' for properties that were part of a composition.
It would be nice if you could extend this package to support compositions as well. I saw this a reply by Kevin Jump in this post that might help to fix this:
Thanks for your suggestion David. I very much welcome any suggestions for improvements/bugs here, especially if they include the fix like yours :)
Converge should have dealt with the compositions, but there was a problem with dropdowns/checkbox lists/radio button lists. I have put the fix that you linked to into v7.0.4 and that seems to have resolved it.
Let me know if that sorts the problem.
Using v7.0.4 that error no longer shows up, so that problem has been sorted.
On the v8 side I ran into an null ref exception that did not give me a lot of information. The database I am using is very big (v7 request returned 134MB of data) and the database might have some inconsistencies.
Converge error when comparing sites.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Com.StuartMullinger.Converge.Controllers.ConvergeProcessor.CompareContentBrowserFetch(SiteModel remoteModel, String localUrl)
SourceContext : Com.StuartMullinger.Converge.Controllers.ConvergeProcessor
The script takes a long time to run, so I will try to look into this a bit more. Maybe you can make the script a bit more robust or informative when this happens?
Hi again David,
I have just added v8.0.3. I have made the error handling more refined, so hopefully you can get closer to locating the problem. Please let me know what you find as I'd like to resolve the underlying issue - even if it is just dealing with data inconsistencies better.
If you can, then I'd recommend using Server Fetch rather than Browser Fetch. Obviously, your circumstances may not allow it, but it may speed things up slightly with such a big request.
Browser Fetch: remote --> Browser --> local
Server Fetch: remote --> local
If you can use Server Fetch, then another idea may be to limit the content your V7 user can see using Umbraco's user permissions. The API will only return what that user can access, thus you could split the content into chunks while investigating.
Due to circumstances I can no longer research the root cause why your tool did not working on my very big database.
I ran your version 8.0.3 but in the json that you provide to track in browser the progress, I saw that your module kept returning a preparing state and never got to incrementing the percentage.
But thank you for your quick replies and module updates. I am sure they will help others as well.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted