Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I have just decided to use DAMP for a website I'm working on, since I find it very troublesome to work with images in Umbraco using the standard functionality. I have been playing around with DAMP for a couple of days now, and I must say that I'm very impressed with the functionality provided.
That said, I still find room for improvement.
1. Select folder instead of individual imagesWhen configuring the datatype, I have the ability to allow for multiple selections. The selections are working just fine, but I would like my users to be able to pick an entire folder to be included as a selection. The way I'm using DAMP, my users would have to create a new folder in the media library and then upload images to it. Then the whole folder will have to be selected. It would save a lot of clicking if the user could just select the entire folder.
2. Possibility for creating folders within the media libraryIn conjunction with my 1st question, it would be nice if you could right-click on a folder in the "Create dialog" and then create a new nested folder.
3. Adding title text to images with the "Simple Editor"I have created a new media type to contain product images. In this media type I have added the "Simple Editor" to be able to add descriptions to images when displayed with an image slider (Nivo Slider). When adding images with DAMP and clicking "Edit", I can not save the text containg any html tags. It works without any html with DAMP. From the media section no errors occurs when saving text with html.
This is the error message I get when doing it from DAMP
A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected
from the client (ctl00$body$prop_titleText="...ed skrift
How can this be avoided?
3. Multiple file uploadFor the site I'm currently working on, I'm using Gecko Uploadify (or I was using...) to upload multiple files at once. It is working satisfactory, but unfortunately it can not be used in conjunction with DAMP (or at least I dont know how to do it).
When adding images to eg. a gallery the users will have to start by navigating to the media section and create a new folder to contain the images. Then they will need to go to the content section (again) and click the "Create" link from DAMP and then create every image individually. When the images have been created, the users will then have to pick each image individually to add them to DAMP. It does not seem to be the best and easiest way to do it?
5. Automatically create a media folderI generally find the use of the media section in Umbraco troublesome to use. No matter which package you use to add images, the users will have to navigate the media section and then create a folder and then add the images. Then the images would have to be picked from a document type within the content tree to add the images. But when an item is deleted, the picked images would still be available from the media section.
Would it be possible to make DAMP create a folder in the media section automatically whenever a certain document type is added (with nodeName as the name of the folder)? Whenever the item is deleted from the content tree, the media folder would also be deleted automatically?
Sorry for all my questions, but when writing feedback, you might as well do it properly ;)
DAMP is open source. This means you can add the functionality you ask in nr 1 and 2 yourself.
For nr 3 I have not tested that. Perhaps replace the simple editor with the RTE of Umbraco and see if that works?
For nr 4 I use a modified version of the Multiple File Upload package. Have a look at this topic: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/multiple-file-upload/bugs/20286-Support-for-custom-Media-Types. Also watch this video in which I demo it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkcObL7CMvQ.
For nr 5 it would be possible to add some custom events and do this automatically.
Thank you for your reply.
Can you provide me with a download link to the modified version of the Multiple File Upload package?
For nr 3, the error message remains the same whether I'm using Simple Editor or RTE.If there is no known fix to the issue, a solution could be to use a simple textstring, which seem to function just fine.
You can also send it to this email, if you prefer
trex at smaakage dot dk.
Hi .. for nr 3, is there no solution apart from using the textstring box ????.. as i have to use the rich text editor to allow the user to edit with html tags..
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted