Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I've just noticed that when uSync performs a read from files it doesn't synchronise any custom Data Types with the properties correctly, for example if I have a Data Type My-Dropdown which is editor Umbraco.Dropdown then uSync sets the property in the doc type to be Umbraco.Dropdown rather than My-Dropdown.
Upon further inspection it appears to be because Umbraco no longer uses the Guid DataDefinitionId values any more, it only relies on PropertyEditorAlias, which seems a bit odd as PropertyEditorAlias is not unique.
Any ideas on this one?
I've just hit this same problem after upgrading USync to 2.4.4. We were previously on 2.2.6 I think, and did not have this problem.
We're also running Umbraco 7.2.1, however we're not seeing this issue in code running u7.2.1 (and Usync 2.2) - in that code the problem that I had was that the content values appeared to be being lost when Usync ran- I found this fix- https://github.com/KevinJump/jumps.umbraco.usync/commit/70ec3f9fd6280b9037e607f17066e88e0a0d634c which met with my conclusion that the pre-values were being deleted and recreated every time USync ran in to the database, explaining why the content values appeared to drop (although I could see they were still there in the database, but they referenced prevalue IDs that no longer existed.
So this problem does seem to have been fixed by upgrade to USync 2.4.4 to take this fix (yay!), but I now seem to have introduced this (for me far more troublesome) issue of the Data types on the Document Types changing away from the custom data type to the property editor. For me this breaks stuff in a far more extreme way, so I'm going to have to roll back USync...
I am wondering what makes Kevin draw the conclusion that this is due to something changed in U7.2.1, as like I say, we're also running that but with the older version of USync not seeing this issue
Fix for this here: https://github.com/Rawdon/jumps.umbraco.usync/commit/8adfeef57601b4c79f3332f4469a91a104ea1829 and Kevin has pulled this in- we've tested the fix on our environments and both issues are now fixed for us. This issue can be closed as far as I'm concerned
Awesome stuff Danny - thanks very much, I will give this a go the next time I open up the project.
Thanks for this Danny - I've packaged up the fix and pushed out version 2.4.5 to fix this.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted