Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
hey out there,
i just upgraded a umbraco 7.1.8 install to v7.2.4. the upgrade went smoothly, however i lost the uSync dashboard tab in the developer area.
so i unistalled the uSync package and reinstalled it. however, that gave me an error in the dashboard.config:
Required attribute 'alias' not found.
i've done a compare using winmerge and it looks like the nuget package is trying to add a whole new section rather than add it's entry to the 'StartupDeveloperDashboardSection' section...
easy to fix with a compare but i'm guessing this could break other installs?
Thanks for reporting this.
I've had a look around and I'm not sure it's not the other way around.
uSync uses a xml transform to add a Section to the "StartupDeveloperDashboardSection" which has all sorts of umbraco stuff already in it.
I think if you uninstall and re-install the uSync package it messes that section right up.
You can actually have separate sections in the dashboard config, and when the package is installed via umbraco, that's what the AddDashboard section does in umbraco.
I've got a test version of the package that puts the uSync tab into a "uSyncDashboard" section, and it seems to be a lot less destructive to the dashboard.config.
I might read up on xdt transforms before i publish, i suspect that's a better way of handling this...
I am also considering adding the umbraco dependency to package, but i've always assumed that people want to manage that version themselves.
I've pushed the version to nuGet, but it's not listed yet...
PM> Install-Package uSync -Version 2.4.11
be good to know if that trashes anything
excellent! thank you for jumping on that so quickly.
i'll give the new nuget package a go once i've got the site i'm working on deployed and report back how it goes.
I had the same 'alias not found' error with uSync 2.4.11. My case was:
Site was upgraded from 7.1.8 to 7.2.4 weeks ago, and is been using DocType Compositions. I was running uSync 2.3.0(installed via Developer .zip package) in 'attached' mode and did a test publish to a server, flipped 'read' to true and received an error which I can't recall. A new DataType was imported, but not the Doctypes. So I came to this trusty forum and decided to upgrade uSync. I uninstalled from the Developer admin and installed 2.4.10 via NuGet. For some reason the dlls didn't update in /bin, but that seems unrelated. I deleted the dlls. Since, like Jake, I was upgrading from 7.1.8 to 7.2.4 also I decided to update the NuGet package to 2.4.11. I ran the site and got the 'alias not found' error and diff'd the files and saw what sounds like the same goof. 'section alias='StartupDeveloperDashboardSection'' was reduced to just an empty section tag. I manually cleaned it up and now the site runs.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted