Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Mark Bowser 263 posts 849 karma points c-trib
    Aug 04, 2015 @ 19:46
    Mark Bowser
    0

    Inconsistently importing document type properties

    I am using an umbraco 7.1.8 site with uSync 2.3.0. It seemed to be working well for a long time. Today, I ran into an issue where uSync will not import some of my document type changes but throws no error. Most all of my changes were imported. Two changes were not. One was an 'Allowed Document Type'. The other was a new property. I'll focus on the new proprety.

    This is what the property I am attempting to import looks like on the document type's def.config file.

    <GenericProperty>
      <Name>Global Popup</Name>
      <Alias>globalPopup</Alias>
      <Type>Umbraco.MultiNodeTreePicker</Type>
      <Definition>feaf35a7-f813-4085-95fd-5423f12ba265</Definition>
      <Tab>Site Settings</Tab>
      <Mandatory>False</Mandatory>
      <Validation></Validation>
      <Description><![CDATA[]]></Description>
      <SortOrder>12</SortOrder>
    </GenericProperty>
    

    The whole .def is pretty big, so I won't post it all here. This should be the last property in the Site Settings tab. My usyncSettings.config had read="true" and both dataTypes and documentTypes enabled.

    I wrestled with it for a couple of hours attempting to import this property. I tried recycling the app pool to retrigger the import and using the uSync dashboard. I ended up manually recreating the property. I set usync to write, and the only difference in my usync file was the Hash at the bottom. This tells me that there wasn't any issue with the .def file.

    Has anyone else experienced this? Does uSync skip over .def files that don't have an updated Hash maybe? When I merged the .def file changes from my source site to this destination site, should I have merged the Hash changes as well? Unfortunately, I've already applied the manual fix, and can't try this easily.

  • Kevin Jump 1492 posts 9558 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 04, 2015 @ 22:00
    Kevin Jump
    100

    Hi

    in uSync 2.3 the hash is used to look for any changes, when the import runs, a hash of the DB datatype is created and compared to that in the file if they are different (and they almost always are) then the import is ran.

    you can check if the import is happening in the log (app_data/logs/umbracotracelog.txt)

    If you can I would update usync to 2.4.10 it should work fine with a 7.1.8 site (on a test site first obvs) - and there are a couple of doctype syncing fixes, and the Hash thing is better (the file one is not used anymore, and the checking is improved).

    If it's really not making any sense, you can turn on debugging in log4net.config (change Level from Info to Debug) and you will get oodles of log stuff from uSync, some of that might shed light onto what is or isn't happening - feel free to post bits here..

    Kevin

  • Mark Bowser 263 posts 849 karma points c-trib
    Aug 04, 2015 @ 23:55
    Mark Bowser
    0

    I was starting to think that's what was going on. Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft