Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • ced 7 posts 77 karma points
    17 days ago
    ced
    0

    uSync Content not updating properties

    Hello everyone,

    we are recently using uSync on a project to create content from a dev environment to production environment and we are experiencing some trouble with uSync content.

    I updated to the last version today and the problem is still pending.

    The content is correctly exported with the .config files. But at the moment of the import it says everything worked correctly and it created all the needed documents but...

    • first they are not published
    • then all document properties are empty.

    It only creates the document with its name but I think it fails to fills document properties because it fails to save and publish... I try to see in the log but nothing was wrong (maybe I'm not looking on the right place)

    Has someone already have been in that kind of trouble with uSync and is there a solution?

    Ced

  • Kevin Jump 1602 posts 10207 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    17 days ago
    Kevin Jump
    0

    Hi Ced,

    It is familiar, but I can't find the issue last time, I think it was missing datatypes and document types - so I would check everything else is synced before you bring over the content just to be sure.

    and I will go and rattle my brain some more because - someone has asked me the same thing previously.

    Kevin

  • ced 7 posts 77 karma points
    17 days ago
    ced
    0

    Hi Kevin

    That was fast answer ! Thank you.

    Yes every other content (datatype, template etc.) is working fine.. I can create content by myself and the new document is working correctly. Even if I modify the one created by uSync (filling the properties manually) and save and publishing, it's working.

    What I know is that every properties at the moment of the saveChanges are equals to null. I did a composer to inspect what was happening and saw that the content was created with the correct template but with his property values = null... and as I said the .config file generated by uSync is also correct (all the values are there).

    I'll continue to investigate and will inform you if I found something

  • Kevin Jump 1602 posts 10207 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    17 days ago
    Kevin Jump
    0

    Maybe its related to this ?

    https://our.umbraco.com/packages/developer-tools/usynccontentedition/usynccontentedition/99858-second-import-failed

    which is was related to once having vary by culture on, and then turning it off (also date formatting issues between sites)

  • Kevin Jump 1602 posts 10207 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    3 days ago
    Kevin Jump
    0

    Hi Ced,

    Another update to this in v8.5 we just added some more fixes around how languages are imported, turns out if you have values in umbraco then add languages, the old values hang around in the background and that was causing us issues.

    hopefully its fixed now.

  • ced 7 posts 77 karma points
    1 day ago
    ced
    0

    Hello Kevin

    Thank you for your support. I'll surely test this monday and give you a feedback :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft