Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Colin Wiseman 5 posts 95 karma points
    Nov 05, 2019 @ 15:30
    Colin Wiseman
    0

    Second Import Failed

    Error message in my logs :

    Second Import Failed: Cannot assign value \"23/01/2019 00:00:00\" of type \"System.String\" to property \"articleDate\" expecting type \"System.DateTime\

    Second Import Failed: Variation \"en-gb,

    Latest Umbraco. Latest uSync.ContentEdition. I have emptied my usync folder, created a full export, uploaded the files manually to an empty Umbraco database, even set the globalisation settings to en-GB in the web.config and it still fails.

    Nothing has worked.

    I did have language versions in my local database, but I deleted en-US and rebuilt the cache before exporting. No luck!

    Help!

  • Kevin Jump 1673 posts 10586 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 05, 2019 @ 15:44
    Kevin Jump
    0

    Hi Colin,

    it does look like from the second error that the uSync files have an en-GB variation in them. I would take a look at the installed languages on the source and target installations,

    I am not sure about the date one, if the articleDate was a string and you changed it to a date type then there is an outstanding issue - which will be fixed in the next release - https://github.com/KevinJump/uSync8/issues/64 which is something we are looking to release early next week probably.

    Kevin

  • Colin Wiseman 5 posts 95 karma points
    Nov 05, 2019 @ 16:56
    Colin Wiseman
    100

    Hey Kevin,

    Thanks for the super quick reply.

    I did have a second language installed, but I had deleted it prior doing the export. But it looks like when Allow Varying By Culture is still left on but you only have 1 language selected then you get the error "en-GB, NULL" issue. (the null didn't appear for some reason in my original comment).

    I went through my doc types and made sure that was all set to off and the export looks like it worked this time.

    Not sure that's an issue uSync can code for, more an Umbraco issue for not seeing that a person has deleted the language and managed the expectation of the user. IMHO when you delete all but 1 languages Umbraco should be cleaning up all content to remove any instance of the variants for that language and setting all "AVBCulture" to false, even removing the option entirely when you don't have a second language set up. I have also seen if a user is logged in and looking at the e.g. en-US content of a site via the content tree dropdown and then deletes the en-US language variant, the user gets stuck in en-US with no way to get back to en-GB without re-adding en-US, changing the dropdown and then re-deleting the language. I think v8 language variants are ace, but it still has some issues to work through.

    To get the date issue to work I changed the uSync file manually from 23/01/2019 to "2019-01-23" and it imported fine. I don't think I ever had it as a string as it is an Article Date, but crazier things have happened. That said, another date that wouldn't import, I 100% know was never a textbox or a string of some kind. I think it has just been the formatting of the 23/01/2019 because for everyone else in the world bar USA, that's an invalid date. IMHO (again) you should always export in the yyyy-MM-dd mm:ss format as it is culture safe when importing.

    But good to know there is a fix coming :-)

    Colin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft