Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 17, 2017 @ 10:47
    Nik

Issue with Tags an Categories

Hi Shannon (and others)

I'm installing Articulate into a new Umbraco Cloud website (v 7.6.5) and I've got a couple of issues with Articulate's behavior that doesn't make sense to me.

1) The Tags and Categories properties are returning System.String[] instead of an actual array of values.

Having looked into the source code for the PostModel.cs file I cannot see anything wrong with what it is trying to. When I get the value of EnablePropertyValueConverters (in the same way the model does) I get a value of "True" which tells me the code should be executing the following line:

var tags = this.GetPropertyValue<IEnumerable<string>>("categories");

However, it seems that this isn't the case, it is running the line:

var tags = this.GetPropertyValue<string>("categories");

The reason this doesn't make sense is because if I copy the entire if statement into my view and replace "this" with "Model" then it works exactly as expected. It is just within the model it seems to be doing something different.

2) ---The virtual routes for Tags and Categories work until a tag name or category name is added to the end. Once added, this results in a 404 error despite the Tag/Category existing on at least one post. --- This was fixed by a republish

As I understand it this should result in the Categories or Tags page showing with a filtered list of posts for the provided category/tag.

I'm currently running the site locally using VS 2015 and IIS Express rather than full IIS.

Number one occurs in a completely clean install that I tried.

Need any more information please let me know.

Thanks,

Nik

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5269 karma points MVP 2x
    Aug 17, 2017 @ 12:08
    Shannon Deminick

See https://github.com/Shazwazza/Articulate/issues/233

New version due out as soon as I can find a couple hours

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 17, 2017 @ 15:00
    Nik

Ahh, I wondered if it was a case of the released version missing the latest code. That's all cool :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft