Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I have installed Umbraco Calendar and followed the steps to integrate with Google Calendar, however whenever I try to access the page with the calendar macro on it, I get the following error:-
Any help would be gratefully received.
What version of Umbraco have you installed the package on?
Many thanks for the prompt response - sorry for not including this information - it's a new install, version 6.0.0
Ok, that might be the reason the package is not working - I have not tried this package myself but it's been released in april 2012 when v4.7.2 was the latest stable version of Umbraco and v5 was in the works. Since then a lot has happened under the helmet so perhaps the package is not compatible with newer releases of Umbraco.
that's a shame - I was hoping to use this. If you happen to get this running under v6 (or find a solution if this is not the problem), i'd be grateful if you update this post.
I am getting this error on an existing 184.108.40.206 project. Anyone have any ideas? I noticed that once the package has been installed, that the only Parameters available for the Macro areAm Pm Time Format, Show Weekends, Show Today Button, and Google Calendar Url. That does not match the documentation.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
CodingStaff.Calendar.controllers.CalendarController.UpdateCalendar(csCalendar calendar) +700
CodingStaff.Calendar.ViewCalendar.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1357
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3063
After some hardcore investigating, I found the problem.
It turns out the code is HARD CODED to look for the content box called "bodyText".
If your macro is not in that content box it doesn't add it to the database then it errors because it can't find the record...
So, the easy fix is to rename your richtextbox to bodyText or make a new one for that doc type.
The permenant fix would be for the developer to fix his code :D
I hope this helps others.
Interesting find Miguel, however that is not the issue.
The issues I've identified are: - Macro does not automatically create all the required parameters - Macro can find the parameters, however the required data types (day of week dropdown etc) do not exist - Object reference error thrown when inserting calendar into a bodyText RTE field on a page
My doc type actually has a field called bodyText but it still doesn't work.. the issue goes deeper than that when installed on V6. I haven't tried on earlier versions of Umbraco - i need it to work on V6 so there's no point really.
I've emailed the developers, hopefully they can get a working version released. For a paid package, 2 months should be enough time to fix a package to work on the latest Umbraco release...
Greg, Did you get this working in v6 yet? Did the Developers reply to you on the issue at all? I have this package installed on two different 6.0.3 umbraco sites that I need to have up and running within the next week here and was hoping buying this package would save me the time and trouble.. if it's not working, I will be quite disappointed...
Thanks in advanced for passing along any info you have!
@Corey, nope no go. The developer replied to an email sent by my client (though not to me) to say they are no longer supporting that project and don't intend to in the future. Sad but true.
As for the source code, i dont like your chances of getting that either.
I am using this instead, which is working fine for our needs:
Thanks for the followup, Greg!
I have tried PDCalendar, and just wasn't impressed, neither was the client I am working with. I found a JQuery calendar that fits our needs and started building that into Umbraco. If the license permits, i'll post the package for use if anyone it interested in using it.
Corey, The PD Calendar just provides a useful data type to use to enter calendar items into Umbraco. It does very little on the front-end - that you need to do yourself. So for you, using PD Calendar to create the data in the back end, and the jQuery calendar you refer to to display the data on the front end could work well (provided you can output the calendar data from PD Calendar to a format that the jquery calendar expects).
I'm interested to see what you come up with. My client seems to be stalling the development of a calendar so i've dropped the ball on this one for now.. i'm sure they'll come back to me soon though.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted