The MVP award is valid for only one year. However, we want to recognize previous years’ MVPs who are still active and take of their time to contribute to Umbraco and the friendly community.
Through an application form, the community members can nominate the current MVPs for the renewal of their title. It is also possible for the MVPs to apply for a renewal, which we highly encourage.
The selection of New and Renewed MVPs is based on the activity of the applicant/nominee during the 12 months leading up to Codegarden.
This translates into being friendly in the forum, making incredible and highly useful packages, submitting pull-requests, starting a new initiative that helps the existing community members as well as the newcomers, and whatever this wonderful bunch of people gets up to.
The selection favors quality over quantity. The Umbraco contribution code of conduct and values are at the center of this process.
The applications are open once a year, a few months before the Codegarden Conference.
Benefits of the renewed MVP status
We do it slightly different from the new MVP, but the love and recognition are still there:
- Although renewed MVPs don’t get to step on stage during the opening keynote, we still shout out about them in the MVP blog post.
- They also make it to the shortlist for the Retreat invite.
- The MVP badges on Our are updated to show the number of times they were awarded the MVP status.
- We also share a digital badge the MVPs can use in their email signatures or websites.
- Access to HQ working facilities - Umbraco HQ can open its doors for the MVPs to use its facilities to work and connect with the teams.
- Support of advocacy initiatives - Aid for payment of travel expenses to do a talk or workshop covering Umbraco at a conference or meetup. The approval of the expenses depends on the topic covered, location, and size of the event, as well as the budget allocated by Umbraco HQ.
- And last but not least, a free cloud project for all MVPs for personal or community-related projects.