Released on Not yet determined
This is the main Umbraco download, generally you won't need anything else.Downloaded 678 times - uploaded 19 September 2017
- Beautiful user management
- Content Templates (formerly known as Blueprints, also know as default values or standard values)
- ISearchableTree - search anywhere, not just in the current section
- New starter kit - highlighing Umbraco best practices
- Scheduled health checks - perform automated health checks on a schedule you like. Get an e-mail result or implement a Slack alert or any type of alert you can think of.
- Nested Content is now no longer just a package, it's available out of the box in Umbraco
Related changes from the issue tracker
- U4-7907 - With non OAuth external login providers we should have an 'auto-link' / 'auto-create' callback option
- U4-10196 - Forms installer is not compatible with the changes made in the user-group-permissions branch
- U4-5804 - Remove all the old images that are no longer used in the umbraco and umbraco_client folders
Issues & Tasks
- U4-10118 - Umbraco.Core.IO.FileSystemProviderManager is simply not testable and cannot be properly used or setup in tests
- U4-10174 - The Edit profile button when clicking on your avatar routes to the wrong (old) user editor
- U4-10202 - Make it more obvious when no content or media start nodes are selected the user has access to the root node.
- U4-10217 - Blueprints: When clicking "Create Blueprint", add explanation on what it is and what will happen
- U4-10220 - Missing the ability to create Content Templates (blueprints) from the blueprints tree directly when none exist
- U4-10221 - When creating content that has Content Templates (blueprints) created for it, we should distinguish between "Blank' and Blueprints
- U4-10262 - Missing UDI + GUID friendly MediaService.CreateMedia, ContentService.CreateContent methods
- U4-10265 - 7.7 Beta - User cannot create content if they have Browse + Create permissions (why would they also need Update?)
- U4-10272 - Health Check Notification Methods (such as core email) that don't have configuration cause all notifications to fail
- U4-10326 - Creating a new content node using Content Templates (Blueprints) always places node at root.
- U4-10346 - Whenever you visit either the users or the groups section BOTH controllers: Users and Groups initialize
- U4-10374 - EntityService, ContentService and MediaService should use a prefix query for GetDescendants instead of a Contains query
- U4-10389 - Some webforms editors do not authorize on the user's path access or permissions set for the editing node
- U4-9915 - User Groups will have a start node assigned and Users can have multiple start nodes assigned
- U4-9946 - Update the ExternalSignInAutoLinkOptions to support groups - currently still using UserType
Make sure to give the installation instructions a read.
Check the free foundation videos on how to get started building Umbraco sites. They're available from:
World's best community
You'll find our über active community working hard to help each other at Our Umbraco: https://our.umbraco.com
Upgrading from older versions
Make sure to read the upgrade instructions before you attempt an upgrade.
Found a bug?
We're happy to help you with any problems you encounter, so please report them in the issue tracker and use the “Affected versions” field to set it to 7.7.0.
Do a search first though, if the issue already exists, give it an extra vote.
The source for this specific release is available for download from the repository (click the "ZIP" button).