v8.0.0Status: In Progress
74% complete 26% in progress
Target release date: Not yet determined
- New cache
- Code cleanup
- Latest minor Angular JS (still 1.x)
- UX Redesign
- GUID all the things
- Examine v2
Related changes from the issue tracker
- U4-11478 - Fix properly in v8 - FirstChild<T> extension returns IPublishedContent rather than model of type T
- U4-5811 - remove umbraco.interfaces project - migrate required interfaces to an appropriate location
- U4-6231 - Move all Umbraco.Web.WebServices back office controllers to be proper back office controllers
- U4-6899 - Change UmbracoHelper.TagQuery to return ITagQuery instead of the current hack to return a non interface
- U4-8227 - Change Umbraco.Core.Models.Mapping.MapperConfiguration and Umbraco.Core.Models.Mapping.IMapperConfiguration implementations
- U4-8545 - Refactor MigrationRunner to accept a MigrationContext along with all Migrations to be created with IoC
Issues & Tasks
- 3199 - Remove the settings on a list view property editor that don’t make sense since they only exist in content apps now
- U4-11123 - Update the LanguageTreeController to not render children and to render the dashboard link
- U4-11224 - SPIKE: (timebox 1 day) Determine how animations should work moving between screens in infinite editing
- U4-11284 - When you don't have any doc types that are variant, the tree language drop downs should not be there
- U4-11291 - Paging in the IContentService needs to work with variant data - for both names and property values
- U4-11368 - When adding supported languages, the dropdown list is sorted by country code instead of being sorted by name.
- U4-4748 - Clean up ContentService & MediaService so that any given method that executes performs all of it's CRUD in a single transaction - currently there are several methods that call other transactional methods such as Move (which is a fairly bad one)
- U4-8861 - Extract GlobalSettings to an interface and expose on the standard UmbracoConfig.For settings singleton
Make sure to give the installation instructions a read.
Check the free foundation videos on how to get started building Umbraco sites. They're available from:
World's best community
You'll find our über active community working hard to help each other at Our Umbraco: https://our.umbraco.com
Upgrading from older versions
Make sure to read the upgrade instructions before you attempt an upgrade.
Found a bug?
We're happy to help you with any problems you encounter, so please report them in the issue tracker and use the “Affected versions” field to set it to 8.0.0.
Do a search first though, if the issue already exists, give it an extra vote.