Released on Tuesday, February 26 2019
This is the main Umbraco download, generally you won't need anything else.Downloaded 3825 times - uploaded 26 February 2019
Welcome to Umbraco v8, make sure to read the blog post about this new major release of Umbraco!
Have some questions about Umbraco 8?
We've put together some answers to the most frequently asked questions - you can find it in the Umbraco 8 - FAQ article.
What are the highlights of Umbraco 8?
The introduction of three new features: Infinite Editing, Content Apps and Language Variants. All features that have been added to make working with Umbraco even simpler, smoother and basically, more enjoyable. For everyone involved!
Related changes from the issue tracker
- 3962 - Adjust disabled toggle contrib
- 4474 - Simplify font setup contrib
- 4612 - Remove OpenSans font contrib
- 3879 - Removes umbraco.aspx contrib
- 3882 - Better Validation Options contrib
- 4171 - Add Multi Url Picker contrib
- U4-11478 - Fix properly in v8 - FirstChild<T> extension returns IPublishedContent rather than model of type T
- U4-5811 - remove umbraco.interfaces project - migrate required interfaces to an appropriate location
- U4-6231 - Move all Umbraco.Web.WebServices back office controllers to be proper back office controllers
- U4-6899 - Change UmbracoHelper.TagQuery to return ITagQuery instead of the current hack to return a non interface
- U4-8227 - Change Umbraco.Core.Models.Mapping.MapperConfiguration and Umbraco.Core.Models.Mapping.IMapperConfiguration implementations
- U4-8545 - Refactor MigrationRunner to accept a MigrationContext along with all Migrations to be created with IoC
Issues & Tasks
- 3199 - V8 Remove the settings on a list view property editor that don’t make sense since they only exist in content apps now
- 4039 - MNTP- xPath $current or setting a start node, does not return its children if is list view enabled
- 4067 - Mandatory fields with inserted information complain that there are errors or that the value of a property is empty
- 4185 - V8 — Returning to node after saving a DocType in infinity editing turns the current content app into a blank
- 4446 - v8 Services like ContentService and MediaService default to user 0, but -1 is now the default
- 3771 - Fix the flickering source name and the close button when moving items in the media tree contrib
- U4-11123 - Update the LanguageTreeController to not render children and to render the dashboard link
- U4-11224 - SPIKE: (timebox 1 day) Determine how animations should work moving between screens in infinite editing
- U4-11284 - When you don't have any doc types that are variant, the tree language drop downs should not be there
- U4-11291 - Paging in the IContentService needs to work with variant data - for both names and property values
- U4-11368 - When adding supported languages, the dropdown list is sorted by country code instead of being sorted by name.
- U4-4748 - Clean up ContentService & MediaService so that any given method that executes performs all of it's CRUD in a single transaction - currently there are several methods that call other transactional methods such as Move (which is a fairly bad one)
- U4-8861 - Extract GlobalSettings to an interface and expose on the standard UmbracoConfig.For settings singleton