Released on Tuesday, July 9 2019
This is the main Umbraco download, generally you won't need anything else.Downloaded 1663 times - uploaded 09 July 2019
This version includes a security fix, make sure to read our advisory about this. If you're using members in Umbraco you might be affected.
This release has some version-specific upgrade instructions, make sure to give them a read.
Related changes from the issue tracker
- 4924 - MNTP - when using "Allow items of type" show a tooltip on hover which types are allowed to be selected.
Issues & Tasks
- 4695 - V8: umb-sticky-bar does not get positioned correctly when editing DocumentType in infinity editing mode.
- 4728 - Confusing state when trying to publish content where a mandatory language haven't been created.
- 5007 - Putting in a content title > 255 characters causes "String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated." exception.
- 5156 - v8 - content editor server side notifications are not transmitted on redirect of creating new content
- 5220 - V8: No linebreaks, invisible completing paragraph tag in "View Source Code" bar in Richtext editor (RTE) in Backcoffice
- 5605 - V8 Emptying the Recycle bin with a protected page and associated login page throws a SQL error
- 5671 - Both view and content models are PureLive, with different versions error when making change to doctype
- 5675 - Users get delete option on content they've created - even if they're don't have delete permission
- 5210 - Backoffice session timeout on custom-URL backoffices leads to high browser CPU and self-inflicted backend DDoS
- 5448 - V8: Hide "Create new" header in Nested Content create item dialog if all items are filtered out
Frequently asked questions
We've put together some answers to often asked questions - you can find it in the Umbraco 8 - FAQ article.
Make sure to give the installation instructions a read.
Check the free foundation videos on how to get started building Umbraco sites.
World's best community
You'll find our über active community working hard to help each other at Our Umbraco: https://our.umbraco.com
Upgrading from older versions
Make sure to read the upgrade instructions before you attempt an upgrade.
Found a bug?
We're happy to help you with any problems you encounter, so please report them in the issue tracker and mention you're using version 8.1.0.
Do a search first though, if the issue already exists, give it a "thumbs up".
The source for this specific release is available for download from the repository (click the "ZIP" button).