Released on Thursday, May 5 2022
There is a newer version available - v10.0.0
The Umbraco 9.5 release is now available: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Umbraco.Cms/9.5.0
This release includes improvements to implementing 2-factor authentication (2FA) for backoffice users, the ability to move Dictionary items, copy Member Types, and a lot more. The full list of improvements and fixes can be found below. Here are some of the features and fixes we think are worth focusing on in the RC phase:
Simplified setup of 2FA for backoffice users
Similar to the improvements to 2FA for Members released with Umbraco 9.3, this feature aims to make it easier to implement 2FA for backoffice users.
The improvements cover everything from adding a 2FA provider to updated login and User views in the backoffice.
You can get details on how to configure 2FA for backoffice users in the new 2FA documentation.
Fix for Nucache Locks
A fix has been implemented to address intermittent locks in Nucache. If you have experienced this issue testing out the RC would be valuable. See the Github PR for more information.
Custom Error Pages
It is now possible to add custom error pages by following the standard ASP.NET Core convention. You can find documentation for error handling here.
And all the rest…
Also worth noting are 2 new actions available in the backoffice. You can now move Dictionary items to help organize the Dictionary tree, and the ability to copy Member Types is available (similar to copying Document Types). Feedback on these features, and all the other improvements and fixes, are of course welcome as well.
You can raise new issues on Github or comment on the existing issues and PRs. Thanks for helping out with testing the RC 🙌
Updates for RC2 - Release April 25th
- Fix for member properties always being sensitive
- Filter out user two factor providers with no setup view configured
- Allow admins to disable two factor for other users without code
Updates for RC3 - Release May 2nd
- Added a log message when analytics level is changed
- Updated Forms and Deploy references in JSON schema to provide intellisense for new fields
- Fix for a bug where users were unable to change their password from the user pane
- Updated the text in the analytics dashboard and made it localized
Related changes from the issue tracker
Notable features (4)
Developer experience (3)
UI and UX updates (7)
Other features (2)
- Member last login date not being set
- Custom view path picker for Block List picks wrong path
- Error mapping a Custom MVC Route to a 'Client Request' - yes I know - even though I'm using UmbracoContextFactory
- RedirectToUmbracoPage fails if redirecting to a page with a domain defined
- Fixes Umbraco including content files twice
- Possible NullReferenceException in MultiUrlPickerValueConverter
- Move created packages out of webroot
- Removed unnecessary tolist()'s
- Further enhancements for legacy password support.
- Sql Database ThreadAbortException results in NuCache local db locked optimization
- Fixes #11169 - System.NullReferenceException in InMemoryModelFactory
- Include the PluginController Area when searching for matching surface…
- Remove statuscodepages middleware
- Fix KeepAlive Config so that value from appsettings.json is used
- V9: Fix member properties always being sensitive
- Allow admins to disable 2fa for other users without code
- V9/feature/log telemetry level changing