Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ssougnez 93 posts 319 karma points c-trib
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 15:02
    ssougnez

Content picker in copied content

Hi,

I'm playing a bit with Umbraco and I noticed something and I don't know whether it's a bug or not. I created a multi lingual tiny site with a simple structure:

Structure

So, I first started with the "en" part.

C* and P* are simple documents based on simple document type. However, R* are a tad more complex. Indeed, documents of that type are based on a document type that contains a "content picker" property. This type of document is actually just a reference to other document, so basically, R1 is a simple document with a single property (of type content picker) that points to P1.

Then I right clicked on "en" an selected "Copy" to create the "fr" part. Everything went fine, however, all content pickers still reference the documents in the "en" part, not in the newly copied one. I expected all these references to be relative, therefore, R1 actually points to (R1_level -2)/P1 and not "/en/C1/P1".

I suppose that the content picker only holds the ID of the document it points to which is why after the copy it stills reference it but wouldn't it make sense to update this value during the copy to ensure that all content picker correctly point to the correct document ?

I hope I'm posting this in the correct location, if not, please tell me because the Github documentation page is not that clear (the link to the required template is broken in here: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/dev-v7/CONTRIBUTING.md#how-can-i-contribute)

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 15:24
    Sebastiaan Janssen

This is not something that Umbraco supports at the moment, when you make a copy, you are indeed making an exact copy and we don't update anything relative to where you copy it to.

To set expectations: we don't plan to have support for the scenario you are proposing. We are, however, rethinking multilingual scenarios in the upcoming v8, but I am unsure how well your scenario will be supported.

Ps. I updated that document to link to the issue tracker, which should pop up a template to fill in if you're logged in.

• ssougnez 93 posts 319 karma points c-trib
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 15:25
    ssougnez

Ah! an issue tracker, cool :-D

OK, thanks for your answer.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft