Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacques van der Kleij 7 posts 38 karma points
    Aug 28, 2018 @ 06:35
    Jacques van der Kleij

Sortorder in dictionary list

How much trouble is it to make a standard change in 'umbraco/views/dictionary/list.html', in order to sort the list in the dictionary more logically. namely: alphabetical by name?

The change would be:

<div class="umb-table-row" ng-repeat="item in vm.items | orderBy: 'name'"> 

So " | orderBy: 'name' " added to the line. No harm done.

Now I (and others too, probably) have to keep in mind to change it again after an upgrade.

Much appreciated!

• Jannik Anker 48 posts 258 karma points c-trib
    Aug 28, 2018 @ 06:51
    Jannik Anker

Hi Jacques!

That shouldn't be hard to do at all - if you have a Github account you can pretty much make that change directly in the browser, it'll even do the branching and pull request for you!

Take a look at https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/dev-v7/docs/CONTRIBUTING.md - and remember to create a "ticket" on issues.umbraco.org to go along with your pull request. There might be some unforeseen consequences with doing this, so it's better to have a place to discuss with the Core team.

As a added bonus you'll get a Contributor badge on your profile if your PR is merged :-)

Aug 28, 2018 @ 06:58
    Jacques van der Kleij

Thank you very much, Jannik.

What a quick and good response. This is probably something I should have known earlier (or did I know?), but I normally focus on the front-end side.

I can assure you that I will honor your directions, later today.

Anyway I can conclude that this part of 'our.umbraco.org' works wonderfully well!

• Jannik Anker 48 posts 258 karma points c-trib
    Aug 28, 2018 @ 07:08
    Jannik Anker

Awesome! And yeah, it's not always obvious how easy it is to actually fix stuff like this yourself :-D #H5YR

(Edit: Also, if you're content with my answer feel free to mark the question as answered ;-) )

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 28, 2018 @ 07:22
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Jacques and Jannik,

I'm pretty sure that will break the list in it's current state. Now it represents the dictionary structure and will indent the rows if they are on a deeper level.

If you will order by name this indenting will still happen but will not make any sense.

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/26e2bc6afab44fa61d9d5981e656c96a9a952043/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/src/views/dictionary/list.html#L35

Dave

Aug 28, 2018 @ 07:31
    Jacques van der Kleij

Yes, Dave!

Of course you are right. What a pity!

But that brings the next question to mind: why is not possible to sort the directory structure at this point?

For now I am afraid to have to live with the problem. It is not that important.

Thank you for your response.

Aug 28, 2018 @ 07:38
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Jacques,

When converting the dictionary section to angular I kept the same way of working as the original one.

But maybe you can raise an issue at http://issues.umbraco.com and let's see what we can come up with

Dave

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Dec 02, 2018 @ 23:08
    andrew shearer

hello - was this ever raised as a bug?

Dec 03, 2018 @ 08:32
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Andrew,

This is issue is reported and fixed in 7.13

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/3705

Dave