Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joe 30 posts 133 karma points
    Mar 02, 2019 @ 19:22
    Joe

Correction on Umbraco Document about site setup permission setting

On Umbraco site setup folders Permission setting document, it said that:

Additionally the IUSR account and IIS_IUSRS account only require 'read only' access to the site's folders

However, strictly following the document on permission setup will face error in Visual Studio Release build, i.e. web.config compilation use debug="false" (or remove debug attribute).

The symptom during browsing will be "DependencyHandler.axd" cannot be loaded/empty, giving unrelated MIME-type mismatch error message in browser console. e.g. Chrome: "Refused to apply style ...DependencyHandler.axd?... because its MIME type (”) is not a supported". (IE have different message, but same meaning)

The solution to my situation is to assign both read&write access to IUSR + IIS_IUSRS.

Can Umbraco Team help to update the document? I think Shazwazza's ClientDependency (making DependencyHandler.axd) has already been a core component of Umbraco. It's good to cater also the permission required in this library.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 02, 2019 @ 21:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Joe

You should be able to either create the issue on the Github tracker directly using the "Report issue" button in the top right corner or the button left to it "Edit this page" in order to suggest the changes to the text in a pull request :-)

I mean it's fine that you raise the issue here if you want to discuss it before taking action but it's more likely that HQ will notice if you put it on the tracker - HQ monitors the forum too of course but sometimes they're faster on the tracker regarding stuff like this.

/Jan

• Joe 30 posts 133 karma points
    Mar 03, 2019 @ 12:01
    Joe

Thanks Jan! I wasn't aware of this report channel. An issue is now raised to https://github.com/umbraco/UmbracoDocs/issues/1603

Wish other Umbraco lovers won't get trapped by it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft