Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mayank Dixit 5 posts 75 karma points
    Apr 10, 2019 @ 04:53
    Mayank Dixit

Which load balancer I can use for umbraco 7.4.3

Hi,

I am using Umbraco 7.4.3 version with legacy load balancing and facing some distrubed cache issue, every time I found that cache is not updated on one of server. And I read umbraco documentation and that suggests me, for version 7.3.0 or above you have to use flexible load balancing. So can you tell me, legacy load balancer may be the reason for distributed caching issue?

or Can you tell me how we can configure a single cache location for all the server for legacy load balancing?

Thanks

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Apr 10, 2019 @ 06:31
    Simon Dingley

If you've not already read it, I suggest you read the documentation here, it does seem to indicate Legacy Load Balancing for versions before v7.3: https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/Load-Balancing/

I used to have similar issues with older versions of Umbraco so upgrading might be your best bet and I personally now use Flexible Load Balancing without too much of an issue.

• Mayank Dixit 5 posts 75 karma points
    Apr 12, 2019 @ 04:42
    Mayank Dixit

Thanks Simon,

you want to say, I need to upgrade umbraco 7.4.3 to latest version or I can use flexible load balancing with this version. Because if I do upgrade then it will take lot of time and it requires lot of QA, Please suggest me I can go with flexible load balancing with umbraco 7.4.3 or not.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 12, 2019 @ 05:59
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Mayank,

Flexible loadbalancing was introduced 7.3.0, so your version supports that.

However later versions will contain bugfixes for the loadbalancing. You can see all the fixes applied from 7.4.3 to the latest version : https://our.umbraco.com/download/releases/compare?from=7.4.3&to=7.14.0

If you want to upgrade I would suggest you follow this path

7.4.3 => 7.5.x

Then 7.5.x to 7.6.x. This can have some breaking changes if you are using property value converters.

Then 7.6.x to 7.7.x. This contains breaking changes in the user management.

After that an upgrade from 7.7.x to 7.14 should be fairly easy.

Be sure to read the version specific upgrade guidelines.

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft