Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • billiblu 34 posts 59 karma points
    Jun 28, 2010 @ 11:47
    billiblu
    0

    strange behavior - multilingual website

    Hello,

    I create a website with 4 different translation.

    My website structure is this:

    - ita (Italian home page where I assigned the host name with italian default language)

    | - Sub pages for italian content

    - fra (France home page where I assigned the host name with france default language)

    | - Sub pages for france content

    - etc...

    I create a translaction for a word with dictionary.

    I used the translaction on my base template page.

    Initialy I used a temporanely domain (dev.mywebsite.it) and all work perfectly.

    On Italian tree i see the italian translaction, on French tree i see the French translaction.

    Now I published the site on definitive domain (www.mywebsite.it), I change the associated host name for every language, but i see on every page the italian translaction.

    any idea?

    Many thanks for support.

    Davide

     

     

  • Tom Maton 387 posts 659 karma points
    Jun 28, 2010 @ 11:55
    Tom Maton
    0

    Hi Davide,

    Have you tried re-publishing the site from the top content node so it clears the cache and then republish each of the languages from the parent nodes eg.

    Republish the Italian, French etc individually.

    Tom

  • billiblu 34 posts 59 karma points
    Jun 28, 2010 @ 13:17
    billiblu
    0

    Yes, I tried. but unsuccessfully.

  • billiblu 34 posts 59 karma points
    Jun 29, 2010 @ 11:27
    billiblu
    0

    Excuse me.... I have a doubt.

    I am not sure that the cache has been cleared.

    what is the proper procedure to empty the cache?

    Thanks,

    Davide

  • Tom Maton 387 posts 659 karma points
    Jun 29, 2010 @ 11:38
    Tom Maton
    0

    Normally the cache is cleared when you re-publish the site from the top content node.

    But to ensure that it's all been cleared from the server, if you can do an IISReset or Recycle the application pool.

    Tom

  • Dirk De Grave 4538 posts 6009 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jun 29, 2010 @ 11:45
    Dirk De Grave
    0

    Or if that doesn't fix it (it should tho), delete the umbraco.config from the /data folder (might be App_Data if you're using v4.5) and perform a 'Republising entire site' from the root node to rebuild the xml cache.

     

    Cheers,

    /Dirk

  • billiblu 34 posts 59 karma points
    Jun 29, 2010 @ 16:42
    billiblu
    0

    Ok, I cleared the cache, but the problem is not solved.

    The language settings are ignored. Now do not work neither on old applicationa name (dev.mywebsite.it).

    Davide

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft