Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bryan 29 posts 50 karma points
    Jul 16, 2010 @ 12:48
    Bryan

Developer - packages doesnt load

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Umbraco installation. The current situation is dat everything works fine except the packages page under the Developer tab. The strange part is that it used to work, thats when I installed the CWS and it stuff(templates etc) are still present. But when I click on the map icon to load the page, it shows a blank page and there are no nodes under the package node. And when I create a node(test) it doesnt show either, it just disappears.

My specs: Umbraco 4, dont know the server but I believe windows server 2003.

I've checked the files, under "/data" I have a packages map and it has submaps called created and installed.

Under the created map there is a file called createdPackages.config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <packages>
    <package id="1" version="" url="" name="test" folder="55406294-02fb-43f7-a9e6-ffceb970914e" packagepath="" repositoryGuid="" packageGuid="e3c744a9-1bc8-4900-b123-0f634aa3c00c" hasUpdate="false">
    <license url="http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php">MIT license</license>
    <author url="">
    </author>
    <readme>
    </readme>
    <actions>
    </actions>
    <datatypes>
    </datatypes>
    <content nodeId="" loadChildNodes="false">
    </content>
    <templates>
    </templates>
    <stylesheets>
    </stylesheets>
    <documenttypes>
    </documenttypes>
    <macros>
    </macros>
    <files>
    </files>
    <languages>
    </languages>
    <dictionaryitems>
    </dictionaryitems>
    <loadcontrol>
    </loadcontrol>
    </package>
    </packages>

Im guessing the package with the name "test" just got made while I was testing.

And under the installedPackages.config:

Yeah... thats it.

And this while I have/had(?) the CWS, MemberControls and the Utilities packages installed.

I also merged the "\umbraco\developer\packages" files with a clean install files and they where the same so I dont expect a coding error.

I just want to have the possibility to create packages, that I maybe lost my previeus packages doesnt matter, I used the CWS as a reference for templates and macro, the MemberControl was installed for convience(not used yet) and the Utilities package, well, havent used that one before I believe.

BTW, lets keep a new installation out of question for now

Jul 16, 2010 @ 13:12
    Bryan

Well, because I cant edit my previeus post I'll have to doublepost.

When trying to save my edited post I get the error: Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\forum-commentsList.xslt

My edit:

edit: I forgot, I also installed the packages to show Config Files under the Developer tab(tree) and the CMSImport package. These still show and work!

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Jul 18, 2010 @ 15:13
    Greg Berlin

Same problem... see my post:  http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/10796-Deploying-Umbraco-to-new-Server-Packages-Section-Dies

Did you do a backup/restore of the database, or script DB to a new server?

Jul 19, 2010 @ 09:15
    Bryan

No, no database actions yet for me on my Umbraco installation

Ah yes, I also stumbled across the solution of the "missing" packages map under the data map I believe, but like I said, its present :( I wish it was that easy.

Jul 19, 2010 @ 13:34
    Greg Berlin

hey.. what do you mean by "I also stumbled across the solution of the "missing" packages map under the data map I believe..." ?  did you find how to fix it?

Jul 19, 2010 @ 14:24
    Bryan

Nah, that's a issue when you update to U4, the packages map in the data map doesnt exists with errors as result(or blank page, dont remember). But it wasn't my solution as for I already had the right maps etc. And we didnt update, we installed U4 at first install.

I have a different problem, I just dont know what is causing the problem.

Jul 20, 2010 @ 05:54
    Greg Berlin

I dont know what you're referring to by "Maps"?

I did not upgrade from v3 - mine was a fresh install too.. but its only happening on the prod server, not on my local dev machine.

Jul 20, 2010 @ 11:16
    Bryan

Bij maps I mean just filesystem maps, where you put your files in :P

We just got another Umbraco install, but the problem also occurs here. I dont know if its a copy of the other install, need to check that.

I dont have Umbraco local. Dont need it local.

Jul 20, 2010 @ 11:20
    Greg Berlin

It could be server-specific... do you have any working umbraco instances on the server you're talking about?

Jul 20, 2010 @ 12:48
    Bryan

Both Umbraco installs are on different servers :( both dont work. I just found out one is the copy of the other one. So i'm guessing something with the files or code.

Jul 20, 2010 @ 13:02
    Greg Berlin

ah... so we may have the same problem then.  this is going to take some time to figure out (which i dont have much of right now)... luckily the packages still work, and my local instance shows them, so i can keep going and deploying for now.  silly, but workable. :|

Jul 21, 2010 @ 11:24
    Bryan

A colleague of mine found the problem with our Umbraco. It appears that the file "/data/packages/installedPackages.config" must have the root node <packages></packages> else it just doesnt work(this sounds and is logical, but you have to know the system works this way before its logical). Check for my first post to see the wrong content.

It should be:

<packages></packages>

I got my shit right :D good luck to you Greg if this doesnt help. Hope for you it does!

Jul 23, 2010 @ 16:48
    Bryan

Right.. can someone mark this topic solved?

• Gerty Engrie 130 posts 489 karma points c-trib
    Jul 30, 2010 @ 01:14
    Gerty Engrie

Fabulous, was searching for a solution for this too :-) had it for a while but learned to live with it, just an hour ago i was thinking that i should probably just get it solved... Bryan, thanks a lot! Timesaver :)

Aug 04, 2010 @ 15:08
    Bryan

No problem Gerty, I know exacly what you felt :P I also had let it be for a while.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft