Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Walters 14 posts 51 karma points
    Jul 29, 2010 @ 14:33
    Richard Walters

Image Cropper not working in 4.5.1

I have two installations of Umbraco 4.5.1 — one is a fresh install that I've barely touched yet, the other is an upgrade to a 4.0.4.2 install. They are both working fine, EXCEPT that the Image Cropper data type is breaking in both cases (the old package was working great in 4.0.4.2).

1. Every time I try to load an image node, a NullReferenceException is thrown (it's not a very interesting stack trace, so for brevity's sake I'll just say that the innermost exception is being thrown by "umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption) +248"
    2. If I try to create a new image, a KeyNotFoundException is thrown… by "umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.GetNewObject(Guid DataEditorId) + 120"
    3. Clicking on folders displays the thumbnail list just fine
    4. If I go the Image media type in the Settings tab, and remove any property based on the Image Cropper-based datatype then everything goes back to normal and works just fine (except, of course, that I have no crops!!)

I have checked both installs for an old version of the Image Cropper DLL in the /bin directory (on the advice of a similar post) and it is not there.

Help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you…

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 15:21
    Sebastian Dammark

I have something similar on a brand spankling new 4.5.2

I get this error when creating a new image or viewing an existing image

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 16:03
    Rik Helsen

I'm using it fine with Umbraco 4.5.2, but i think you can get that error if you configure the datatype wrong...

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 16:07
    Rik Helsen

Screenshots of my config (datatype and media document type):

One issue that is known (and an umbraco bug, not so much an imagecropper bug) is that when you upload a new image you need to publish the image twice before crops are being created. This is not going to be fixed before version 5

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft