Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ricky Beard 61 posts 116 karma points
    Aug 09, 2010 @ 19:08
    Ricky Beard

4.5.1 Medium Trust Install Issue

I am trying to test 4.5.1 in medium trust with MySql locally (XP, MySql, .NET 4.0) and I can't get the installer to run.  I know I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out.  I have already done the following:

1. Set umbracoUseMediumTrust = true in web.config
    2. Uncommented <trust level="Medium" originUrl=".*" /> in web.config
    3. Set ASPNET read/write file permissions

However, I am still getting this error when I run the site:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationPermission, System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' failed.]
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +31
       System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +46
       System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.CheckPermissionAllowed(String configKey, Boolean requirePermission, Boolean isTrustedWithoutAptca) +99

Aug 09, 2010 @ 22:12
    Ricky Beard

Well, I figured out that by adding requirePermission="false" to the client dependency section I was able to get the installer to run.

However, now the installer cannot connect to a local MySql database. If I bump the trust level back to full it can connect (oddly, it can connect to MSSql in medium trust). Any thoughts?

Aug 10, 2010 @ 01:25
    Ricky Beard

Problem solved.

I had to add SocketPermission to the mediumtrust config file. I assume most shared hosts will already have this configured since it is required for MySql in medium trust.

• Arjan H. 221 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Sep 28, 2010 @ 16:16
    Arjan H.

I had some issues getting Umbraco 4.5.1 to work in a Medium Trust environment at Webstekker, but adding requirePermission="false" to the client dependency section did the trick. So thanks for the tip!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft