Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• urg 5 posts 23 karma points
    Aug 10, 2010 @ 15:50
    urg

Tool for export nodes into information files.

I have a client who wants a map of their site as a flat document. - Yip, they just do.

Anybody know of any scripts that would just export the node tree into some readable format?

Cheers,
    D

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 10, 2010 @ 16:12
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi urg,

It should be possible to create an XSLT file that exports everything to one HTML file - is that what they want?

/Chriztian

Aug 10, 2010 @ 16:25
    urg

They just want a visual representation of their site in a word file.

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Aug 10, 2010 @ 17:01
    Sascha Wolter

Hi urg,

this might be worth a try: http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/offline_explorer_pro.htm. It can create an offline version of your site on your disk, and there are definitely a couple of export options (like .chm for instance), maybe that can help you in your task?

Otherwise it will be quite difficult to create one script to generate all the content of your site with visuals, as this is pretty much what all your little scripts on the site are doing. Don't know how big the site is, but what about taking screens and putting them in a word doc? ;)

Sascha

• Sjors Pals 617 posts 270 karma points
    Aug 10, 2010 @ 17:07
    Sjors Pals

Funny, build this feature today for a client, bad thing is that it was for EPI server and not Umbraco ;)

What you can do is use the google site map xslt and modify it a little bit to your needs.

Aug 10, 2010 @ 17:08
    urg

Thank you both for the replies.

The site spider is a good idea - I was just trying to see if there was a way around handling every page as the site is quite large.

I can skip images.. looking for more of content outline with Title and then Body.

Thanks for your time

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft