Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason 12 posts 33 karma points
    Aug 11, 2010 @ 03:02
    Jason

Source different from the bin release?

When I download the source and compile, I see umbraco using Lucene directly for the admin panel.

The bin release for .net 3.5 however goes through a search provider module called examiner?

Why are they different? Is there any other differences between the bin and the src?

Thanks in advance.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Aug 11, 2010 @ 13:54
    Aaron Powell

Which source branch are you using? the /trunk is not the source code for 4.5

• Mike 21 posts 42 karma points
    Aug 11, 2010 @ 14:58
    Mike

@slace
    "the /trunk is not the source code for 4.5"
    Why not writing some more useful post and explain a bit how things are structured in the SVN and which folder to use if you want to start things in Visual Studio and compile things. Then when next person visit the forum with the same question there is an answer and not just a line telling that the /trunc folder is NOT the source for 4.5.

So for example you guy´s didn´t put a source code link for the 4.5.1 release. If you want to build a 4.5.1 version in Visual Studio. Which folder do you think people start looking in?

umbraco-75336
    -branches
    -----rb403
    -----try-boxbinary-4.1.0-schema-loadbalancing-bugfixes
    -----TRY-Installer Refactor
    -BuildProcessTemplates
    -releases
    -----umbraco 3.0.6
    -----umbraco 4.0
    -----umbraco 4.0.1
    -----umbraco 4.0.2
    -----umbraco 4.0.3
    -----umbraco 4.5
    -trunk
    -umbraco
    -umbraco 5.0

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Aug 12, 2010 @ 01:13
    Aaron Powell

Please see this post: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/11357-Question-about-which-code-tree-in-codeplex

Obviously we need to improve the site search of our.umbraco as I've seen this question asked multiple times and people must not be able to find the solution through serach

• Mike 21 posts 42 karma points
    Aug 12, 2010 @ 08:16
    Mike

I don´t think you have to improve the search function. :-) You guy´s have to improve your quality making things more clear. If you have a folder in SVN that is called 4.1.0 and if that folder really contains the 4.5.1/x code you have to show that. If it´s hard for you to create a new branch that with the correct folder name on it put a text file or something and explain things.

• Jason 12 posts 33 karma points
    Aug 12, 2010 @ 13:49
    Jason

Thanks for the replies. However:

1) Release/4.5 is in .net framework 4.0.

2) trunk is 4.1

Where can I find the source for 4.5.1 for .net framework 3.5?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I used search, read all the .txt file I could find in the source zip file. I am still confused.

Edit- nevermind. found it. /branch/4.1 very easy to find ya?...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft