Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Janusz Stabik 15 posts 35 karma points
    Aug 11, 2010 @ 14:59
    Janusz Stabik

Issues building Umbraco Source

Ok, I've downloaded a copy of the source (changeset 75326). I need the latest copy as I want the source to include the bug fixes that were sorted with the 4.5.1 release.

The copy of the source in the release\umbraco 4.5 folder seems to build first time however this does not include the bug fixes mentioned above.

When I try to build the code in the trunk folder I receive the following issues:

- Projects that reference System.Web.Extensions do not build as the framework for each project file is set to 2.0.  To fix I change the Framework version to 3.5 and re-add the reference to System.Web.Extensions.

- I subsequently then change all projects to 3.5.

- Now I get "'Action' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Action' and 'umbraco.BusinessLogic.Actions.Action' C:\Users\janusz.stabik\Documents\Software\Umbraco\Source\75326\trunk\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\web\Document.cs 717 13 umbraco.cms"

- So I change these method calls to use the fully qualified signature.

- I then get a load more build erros, which I can fix but I presume that I possibly building the wrong set of files as I had the same issues trying to build changeset 73913 which was labelled as the source for the 4.5.1 release (which I presume was built successfully in order for the release to be built).

So I guess what I am looking for is help with one of the following:

- Am I building the wrong files?

- Is there a set of files missing, i.e. release\umbraco 4.5.1 folder that should exist after changeset 73913 (all the folders in the release folder seem to build first time).

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

• Carl Sargunar 69 posts 91 karma points MVP 3x
    Aug 11, 2010 @ 15:07
    Carl Sargunar

I'm interested in this too - any ideas anyone?

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Aug 12, 2010 @ 01:11
    Aug 12, 2010 @ 13:43
    Janusz Stabik

Ok, so the current source (4.5.1) is actually branched to  4.1.0 folder??

Aug 12, 2010 @ 13:45
    Janusz Stabik

having another problem now, when trying to run the build from the 4.5.1 folder I get numerous errors when trying to create content, namely it seems to be due to the  the umbraco.editorcontrols assembly not being found in the bin folder.  After inspection of the dlls found in the bin folder after a build and comparing these with the compiled source downloaded from the umbraco website there is a lot more missing, where are these assemblies coming from??

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft