Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ciprian 17 posts 38 karma points
    Aug 25, 2010 @ 15:30
    Ciprian

Problems with doc2form

I've been playing around with doc2form and I managed to get it to display the submit button on the page, but nothing more. I know I am doing something wrong when specifying the tabs but I don't know what.

Doesn anyone have a tutorial for it?

The one over here has no more images http://www.blogfodder.co.uk/2009/10/16/how-to-get-doc2form-for-umbraco

Thanks a lot

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 25, 2010 @ 15:40
    Ismail Mayat

Can you paste your macro as it stands in the template.

Regards

Ismail

Aug 25, 2010 @ 15:43
    Ciprian

<form runat="server">
       <umbraco:Macro DocumentType="1102" Template="" TabName="content" PageTabs="1" HideTabNames="0" ChooseWhereToStore="1090" EditMode="0" ShowTitle="1" TitleName="" SaveMemberAlias=", " ShowDescriptions="0" RequiredText="field is manditory" SubmitButtonText="" PreviousButtonText="" NextButtonText="" PublishOnSubmit="0" RefreshToParent="0" RedirectToNode="" PublishWithUserId="" StorePropertiesInCookies="" UseAjax="0" DefaultValueNode="" Alias="Doc2FormInput" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>
    </form>

The problem is that I have no idea what the tabs are about.

Aug 25, 2010 @ 15:55
    Ismail Mayat

Is the form over more than one tab? The reason i ask is you have in TabName content but you have set pagetabs to 1. If only one tab then set to 0 for pagetabs.  

Regards

Ismail

Aug 25, 2010 @ 16:08
    Ciprian

It's only 1 tab, so I changed the parameter, but still no luck.

Thanks for trying though.

Aug 25, 2010 @ 16:13
    Ismail Mayat

Can you hit the page again this time tag ?umbDebugShowTrace=true onto the url so you should then see debug stack trace, any errors there?

Also what version of umbraco you running?

Regards

Ismail

Aug 25, 2010 @ 16:17
    Ciprian

This is what I get in the source of the page with the tag you gave me. I'm running 4.5.1. I'm not sure it's updated for this version.

<form method="post" action="/rent-a-car.aspx?umbDebugShowTrace=true" id="ctl00">
    <div class="aspNetHidden">
    <input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" id="__VIEWSTATE" value="/wEPDwUENTM4MQ9kFgJmD2QWAmYPZBYCZg9kFgJmD2QWAgIHD2QWAgIBD2QWAgIBEGRkFgICAQ9kFgJmD2QWBGYPDxYEHghDc3NDbGFzcwUIRG9jMkZvcm0eBF8hU0ICAmQWBgIBDw8WCB8ABQZidXR0b24eEENhdXNlc1ZhbGlkYXRpb25oHwECAh4HVmlzaWJsZWhkZAICDw8WBh8ABQZidXR0b24fAQICHwNoZGQCAw8PFgYfAAUGYnV0dG9uHwECAh8DZ2RkAgEPDxYGHwAFFERvYzJGb3JtIFBhbmVsVGhhbmtzHwECAh8DaGRkZCqlCXkv/QCvcnNs0SklaVYAf3lt3OVn6ZfiEnRCC7Av" />
    </div>

<div title="Macro Tag: 'Doc2FormInput'" style="border: 1px solid #009;"><div class="Doc2Form">
    <div id="ContentPlaceHolderDefault_mainContent_contentRight_Doc2Form_1_VS" class="vsummary" style="display:none;">

</div><input type="submit" name="ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$ContentPlaceHolderDefault$mainContent$contentRight$Doc2Form_1$ctl05" value="" class="button" />
    </div></div>

<script type="text/javascript">
    //<![CDATA[
    var Page_ValidationSummaries = new Array(document.getElementById("ContentPlaceHolderDefault_mainContent_contentRight_Doc2Form_1_VS"));
    //]]>
    </script></form>
    Aug 25, 2010 @ 16:22
    Ismail Mayat

You have pasted source of the page i want to see the stack trace that should be generated at the bottom of the page to see if there any errors?

You may need to download the source and open in vs then attach process to try and debug one of the gotchas i had was my tab name was something like Main Content and doc2form wants it in lower case wasnt until i checked the source that i figured that one out.  Ps I have only ever used it pre 4.5

Regards

Ismail

Aug 26, 2010 @ 09:41
    Ciprian

Right, I forgot to scroll down.

Here's the text in red that I found:

Error returning dictionary item 'thanks'
    No key thanks exists in dictionary
      at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Dictionary.DictionaryItem..ctor(String key)
      at umbraco.library.GetDictionaryItem(String Key)

and the same error for the dictionary items title, submit, previous and next.

Cheers,

Ciprian

Aug 26, 2010 @ 10:53
    Ismail Mayat

Ciprian,

That should not stop it from working. On the document type you are using to create the form what fields do you have any custom data types ?

Regards

Ismail

Aug 26, 2010 @ 11:08
    Ciprian

Nope, I especially kept it simple. Just 3 text strings: name, email and comment.

Cheers,

Ciprian

Aug 26, 2010 @ 11:22
    Ismail Mayat

Can you try my hacked version from http://www.box.net/shared/mdddu1cu5g its not a package so can you make a back up of your doc2form dll and copy over whatever is in my bin in the zip then try. If that dont work replace your backup then try debugging the source that may give you a pointer as to the error.

Regards

Ismail

Aug 26, 2010 @ 11:38
    Ciprian

Here's a newbie question, but where can I find the original doc2form dll in order to replace it with your version?

Should I replace it in the old zip and reinstall the package?

Aug 26, 2010 @ 11:42
    Ismail Mayat

In the bin dir of your install you will have doc2form.dll take a copy of that and put it somewhere safe. Then take a copy of doc2form.dll from my zip and copy that over to your bin. One thing im not sure if i include dll in the zip think i do if not you will need to build the source and create new dll.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft