Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Howard 87 posts 35 karma points
    Aug 26, 2010 @ 15:24
    Howard

Multiple Picker Via Source for V4.5

In previous installs of umbraco i used CPalms picker via source in order to manage and select News and Events Categories. Users could build their own categories as a content tree in the root of umbraco (outside content folder) using its own docType. These are then used for Filtering content within the News/Events archive pages.

User would have a multiple select drop down when adding the News Post in umbraco which would be generated from the categories created in the root of umbraco. a bit of xslt and hey presto.

Is there a better way to do this as i cannot find anything similar for v4.5? any help much appreciated!

Howard

• Kim Løwert 130 posts 116 karma points
    Dec 06, 2010 @ 06:43
    Kim Løwert

Hi Howard

I have run into an issue as well on an updated site that used CPalms picker via source to 4.5.2 and .Net 4.0. Have you found a solution to your issue?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Kim

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Dec 06, 2010 @ 07:23
    Rich Green

Hey Kim / Howard,

I'm not 100% sure what the CPalms picker via source did, but it certainly sounds similar to the Multi Node Tree Picker http://ucomponents.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=MultiNodeTreePicker&referringTitle=Documentation

Did the CPalm project do something different?

Rich

• Kim Løwert 130 posts 116 karma points
    Dec 06, 2010 @ 08:04
    Kim Løwert

Hey Rich

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'll look into this and check if it solves my issue. It may solve it for me :)

Regards Kim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft