Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David McElroy 9 posts 29 karma points
    Aug 26, 2010 @ 16:41
    David McElroy

Confused by Translation

Hi Folks

Ive been playing around with translation in Umbraco 4.5.1 and im a little confused.

I have setup hostname based translation that seems to work ok on a page that was translated (right click > send to translation) and a custom user control with resx. However, how do i actually double check what the translated page looks like in the backend and monitor which ones have actually been translated?

The only problem with this is the fact its using hostname based translation. Ive read the 1:1 guide that makes use of query strings, but is it possible to use auto detected locale settings with .net?

David

• David McElroy 9 posts 29 karma points
    Aug 26, 2010 @ 17:10
    David McElroy

I wanted to edit my original post but its giving an XSLT error.

edit: Hi Folks

Ive been playing around with translation in Umbraco 4.5.1 and im a little confused.

I have setup hostname based translation that seems to work ok on a page with custom user control with resx. If i send a page for translation it just seems to overwrite the original? So whats the point in being able to send pages for translation in multi langugages?

I could build a site and copy it and assign a new language to it - is this where translation comes into play? If this approach is adopted do additions to the site after the copy has taken places all need to be manual?

The only problem with this is the fact its using hostname based translation. Ive read the 1:1 guide that makes use of query strings, but is it possible to use auto detected locale settings with .net?

David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft