Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike McAllister 7 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 16:34
    Mike McAllister

Changed Server but Umbraco still sees old data

We changed our host and moved our website and DB to the new machine, I modified the webcconfig doc to update the umbracoDSN - while the site sees the correct DB, the admin site will only see the old server. I've looked around in the code and can not find another place to update the DSN. Anyone have any idea.

Server win 2003
    IIS V6
    Umbraco V4

• Jamie Howarth 306 posts 773 karma points c-trib
    Aug 30, 2010 @ 17:40
    Jamie Howarth

Hi Mike,

Have you done the following:

• Republished the site by right-clicking the root "Content" node and clicking "Republish entire site"?
    • Recycled the application pool on IIS?

Best,

Benjamin

Aug 30, 2010 @ 18:21
    Mike McAllister

I have tried both and the results are the same. Still seeing the old data.

Aug 30, 2010 @ 18:23
    Jamie Howarth

Hi Mike,

Are you accessing the admin site from a different domain (such as admin.yourdomain.com/umbraco/umbraco.aspx)? It could be that the DNS hasn't been changed on that and is still pointing at the old hosting space, hence the old data being shown.

Failing that, is the site load-balanced using file replication? If that's the case then the updated web.config may not have changed on all servers and somewhere along the line the admin system is picking up the old connection string.

Best,

Benjamin

Aug 30, 2010 @ 18:40
    Mike McAllister

no, both share the same domain so it not a DNS issue. The weird part is the front side application is seeig the correct DB which is all coming out of Umbraco, just the admin side of things is seeing the old data

Aug 30, 2010 @ 18:43
    Jamie Howarth

Hi Mike,

Can you email me Skype/MSN/GTalk details - [email protected] - so I can help you out further.

Thanks,

Benjamin

Sep 10, 2010 @ 15:45
    Mike McAllister

ok, Finally fixed it. Did some research into the data and the transfered DB looks like it dropped a dozen records in 1 table (nodes table) and the keys got all crapped up. I reimported the DB, flushed the app pool and republished the whole site and it is working again. Ben, thanks for all your efforts

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft